lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2013, 06:59 PM   #1
mxracer816
Not Yet Wild

Default 2002 TXT PDS 36V Runs for a second then nothing

I have a 2002 TXT PDS of my dads in my shop right now and it was running fine until a friend of his cart broke down and dad towed it back to camp for him. Once he was unhooked from the other cart his ran about 15 feet and stopped. I have charged and tested the pack at 38.7 volts and with the rear tires up and pedal down the drop is to about 38.3. It will turn the back tires for just a second and then shut down in forward, but will run for a good bit longer in reverse. Any helpful hints on trouble shooting this?
mxracer816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-04-2013, 08:00 PM   #2
subby44
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2002 TXT PDS 36V Runs for a second then nothing

How far did your Dad tow his buddy? what kind of motor and controller does he have? stock or upgraded? how fast did he tow him. has the cart cooled down since he was towing with it?
subby44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:01 AM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Is the solenoid staying energized, or is it dropping out when wheels stop turning?

If it is staying energized, measure the voltage between the A1 and A2 studs on the motor.
The voltage should start at zero and then climb towards full battery pack voltage as pedal is pressed.
If it drops back to zero when wheels stop turning, the controller might be bad.

If voltage is still being applied to A1&A2 when wheels stop turning, connect your voltmeter test leads to the F1 and F2 studs on the motor.
This voltage should start at zero with pedal up and climb to about 8V with pedal down.
If this voltage drops to zero when wheels stop turning, the controller might be bad.

Let us know what you find and we will proceed from there.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:34 AM   #4
mxracer816
Not Yet Wild

I just checked back in on here when I got to work this morning, will check the those voltages and chime back in this evening when I get off. Thanks for the replies.

Stock Motor and controller; Towed maybe 1200 feet at reasonable pace; This took place weeks ago, just now got time to fool with it; Also found out the lady had the brakes set on her cart while he pulled her, I'm guessing he probably fried the controller

Controller prices?
Old 03-05-2013, 08:10 AM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I suspect you are right about the controller.

New PDS controller from EZGO about $660.
A Re-manufactured one from FSIP (Site Sponsor) about $230 exchange.

Or, if your dad wants a little more oomph out of his cat, this would be a good time to drop in an aftermarket controller.
http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Custom_Options.html
Old 03-05-2013, 12:32 PM   #6
mxracer816
Not Yet Wild

Talked with dad a little bit ago, he's going to go with an aftermarket controller. The cart is mostly used at the campgrounds and does have 4 passenger seating. Which controller would suit him the best and do these controllers come with any type of warranty?
Old 03-05-2013, 01:01 PM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Give Scotty a call or E-mail and discuss it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO