lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-06-2013, 04:31 PM   #1
WLDCHLD
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default A - arm lift kit

I have a 1997 club car (gas) putting a 6" A - arm lift kit on it. Doing some research before I start this project. I heard on a electric you have to buy a bracket for the brake line, what about a gas? Also is there anything else that I should know before starting this job?
Want everyone to know I am new to this site, a friend of mine turned me on. Since then, I have been checking your posts looking for some HELP, a lot here lately. Just want to say THANKS EVERYONE HAS BEEN A LOT OF HELP.
WLDCHLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-06-2013, 06:52 PM   #2
iKAB
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: A - arm lift kit

Welcome..... I don't think you need a bracket for the brake line on gas models. I recently bought an allsports 6" super sport lift and it's supposed to be a bolt and go, I havnt installed it yet so I'm not exactly sure. I did purchase a leaf spring bushing kit with the lift just in case they needed to be replaced.
iKAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:55 PM   #3
Nicky
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Welcome to the forum!! I also have the 6" a-arm. l didnt need a brake line bracket for mine. Does your kit come with shock extentions for the rear? I believe mine did but I used chevette shocks on mine instead.

Nick
Nicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:52 AM   #4
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

I did a 6" double a-arm lift on mine as well. Didn't need brake cables, I don't think it makes a difference between gas and electric. Whose lift are you going with?
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:45 AM   #5
shoelessjoe
Gone Wild

I put the All Sport 6 inch A-arm lift on my 96 Club Car and it was a straight bolt on project. Everything you need (down to every nut and bolt) is either in the box or already on the cart. Did mine solo and it was about a 4 hour job, could definitely cut that time down with an extra set of hands or by not having a 2.5yr old "helping you".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new tires and rims 6.jpg (186.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 090.jpg (333.9 KB, 0 views)
shoelessjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:43 AM   #6
Clubcar555
Not Yet Wild

I put the AllSports double A-arm lift on mine last month. One thing I had to do was make a longer ground strap from the generator to the top of the frame, also had to extend the fuel line about 3 in. to the carb from the pump.
Directions could be a little be better but the kit is good quality.
Clubcar555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #7
shoelessjoe
Gone Wild

^^^^

You are right, forgot about that. I did have to make the ground line longer, had to go buy a new ground strap.......then 10 minutes later I found the one that I knew I had but couldn't find earlier
shoelessjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:34 PM   #8
iKAB
Gone Wild
Club Car

Where did you guys buy a longer ground strap? Also roughly what size fuel line does the ds have and where you buy that too? I havnt installed my allsports lift yet so I'm trying to make sure I have everything on hand for problems instead of 5 trips around town buying stuff.
iKAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:20 PM   #9
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

What year is your cart?

I didn't have to buy any longer ground straps for mine. So I would venture to say that the longer strap is unnecessary for 1984-1991 carts with the KF82 motor.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:31 PM   #10
Clubcar555
Not Yet Wild

I made mine from a piece of 10 gauge wire and soldered the connectors on.

The fuel line is standard fuel hose you can get at any auto parts store.
3/16th I think.
Clubcar555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car