lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-09-2013, 12:55 AM   #1
07CCDS
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 07 CC DS Looking for more power

Just purchased 07 CC DS w/ 6" lift on 23x10x12 tires. Looking for a little more top end speed, but dont want to hurt motor? Was told I could adjust governor but wanted some input from anyone that has experience with this. Are their any quick fixes for this that will not involve digging to deep? Any and all help appreciated...
07CCDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-09-2013, 02:05 AM   #2
crryallcrwler
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 07 CC DS Looking for more power

high speed gears? if i were you id be looking into ways to get some torque back from the big tires! a lot more bang for your buck that a way just my two cents
crryallcrwler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:38 AM   #3
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Welcome to BGW 07! (I too, have an 07 DS!)

High speed gears aren't a bad idea, but they're kinda pricy, and you have to take some of the trans-axle apart!
(which might make it a "digging in too deep" project)

Until you get used to your cart, I think 2 small zip ties on your governor spring would be a good start! (see pic below, click to enlarge)
They're easy to put in, you can adjust the high RPM's with them, and you can cut them off if you decide to bring it back to stock speed.

The only problem I've heard about doing this is the governor spring breaking which will leave you stranded,
but, I've been using zip ties for about 5 years, and the only thing that broke were the zip ties!

There's one thing to remember though, if you tighten them too tight, you'll bounce off the Rev limiter, and that's not good for your engine either.
(Rev limiter= an electronic device that shuts your engine down @ around 3900 rpm)

Just something to think about for an extra 4 or 5 mph!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 085.jpg (158.8 KB, 0 views)
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:05 PM   #4
07CCDS
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Great site, thanks for the info. It's hard to tell by the pic, it looks like just 1 zip tie or is the other just in the back side of spring?
Old 03-09-2013, 02:16 PM   #5
07CCDS
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok I figured it out. Installed zip tie and did notice an increase in top speed without hitting rev limiter. Instead of having gas pedal all the way on floor it's only about 3/4 down with more power if needed. Thanks "lockman1" for the help.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:20 PM   #6
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CCDS View Post
Ok I figured it out. Installed zip tie and did notice an increase in top speed without hitting rev limiter. Instead of having gas pedal all the way on floor it's only about 3/4 down with more power if needed. Thanks "lockman1" for the help.
Once you get used to your cart, you'll find the possibilities are endless!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car