lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-02-2013, 05:41 AM   #1
Mud101
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Club Car DS Body

Howdy yall, been lurking the site for awhile now and have found great information that yall share here on this great site. But now I got to ask a rookie question, can any of you pro's tell me if a 97 CC DS body will fit a 88 CC DS? Both the front cowl and the rear body? I do not mind gettin dirty and modifying if it can be done. Sorry if this has been covered before but I could not locate any info from my searches. Thank you kindly for helping a newbie to a new found addiction.
Mud101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-02-2013, 07:25 AM   #2
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car DS Body

Yes it will work. My cart is an '87 and has a 1993-up rear body. They're all interchangeable, fronts and rears. Only thing to keep in mind is if your cart is a gas cart and the donor body is from an electric cart you'll have to cut out the hole for the choke button (unless you're not running the stock airbox).
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:14 PM   #3
Mud101
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbok View Post
Yes it will work. My cart is an '87 and has a 1993-up rear body. They're all interchangeable, fronts and rears. Only thing to keep in mind is if your cart is a gas cart and the donor body is from an electric cart you'll have to cut out the hole for the choke button (unless you're not running the stock airbox).
Thank you very much Springbok, I appreciate the reply. I was fairly sure they were interchangeable with the difference in the earlier bodies being fiberglass. Figured I'd rather ask a silly question before spending the cash to find out that it would not fit. Thanks again...
Mud101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:48 PM   #4
tpg
Gone Wild
Club Car

Some cowls on the 80's had a little shim under the front cowl where the 2 screws hold it down.
tpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:58 PM   #5
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

I've used a shock rubber under the cowl to take up that space. squish to position

also i think the rear inner fender wont b a perfect match. not too bad, but not perfect either
4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:59 PM   #6
Cmoney
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The front bumper doesn't bolt up the same either, but you can drill new holes and bolt it up, thats what i did, i have a complete 93 (front and rear) body on my 88.

Also, the "hood"/access panel wont fit so you have to buy and new one of those.
Cmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car