lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-03-2009, 06:31 PM   #31
kuntrywelder
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Golf Cart Welder

Have finally posted some pics on my profile. I was slowed considerably by everything from economics to ice storms to my wife being diagnosed with cancer. (She's doing great now after surgery.) I realized before I finished that I would not get either the speed or fuel economy I wanted without spending more money and time than I had to spare. I just finished it up as a farm duty utility cart. Many farmers in this area use old golf carts unless they can afford one of the big dogs sold for the purpose. This unit is better than a stock cart but less that a purpose built vehicle for their needs. I have been using it for job pickups and deliveries locally but it is now for sale to finance a new project. All I have decided so far is it will be an electric/gas hybrid with a golf cart electric motor and 125cc dirt bike front half and engine. I will respond to any questions or suggestions. I posted the pics to possibly encourage anyone trying to convert electric to gas. The electric reverse works perfectly with an old Kohler long stroke engine starter and ring gear as pictured. Thanks.
kuntrywelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-03-2009, 06:45 PM   #32
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Let us know how this works out.... the last welder driven cart didn't fair so well
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:49 PM   #33
kuntrywelder
Not Yet Wild

I may be the one you are referring to. It did not turn out well and I went to a conversion instead. I believe the welder powered rig could work but I don't think the welder I was using to power it would work out well without modifications that would make it less suitable for welding purposes. Guess that's why the engineers make welders to weld and batteries to power electric vehicles but there is some overlap obviously because the welder did power the cart till I tried to get better performance out of it and fried something and decided to go to a gas conversion. Thanks.
kuntrywelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:58 PM   #34
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Thanks for letting us know because there is sombody who wants to do this every once in awhile good luck with the conversion
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts