lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-11-2013, 06:59 PM   #1
tkj1
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default tire size

I Have a 2010 ydre and currently running 18 1/2 inch tires, was wondering if you can run anything taller without lifting? thanks
tkj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-12-2013, 01:10 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: tire size

Yes, 215/50-12" wheels and tires fit nicely. unsure about 13", 14" won't fit without rubbing issues. the only optional mod for the 12"s is to pin the rear mudflaps to the bumper with a screw, or "Christmas tree" style clip fastners.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 02:39 PM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Older yamaha like G9 would fit 20" lawn tires but not atv tires. They would fit 8" wide and 10" on the rear. 10 wide on front if you stacked washers on the lug studs. If you can run your finger around the tire you will know, then have someone stand on the bumper/etc though usually above is not clearance its in front/rear and to the shock or well behind. That and when you turn hard the front can rub. An inch larger tire is half inch larger on each side.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 04:25 PM   #4
tkj1
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Ok, Thanks guys for input,I think Ill look for some as Cg suggested.
tkj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:30 PM   #5
YamahaCRN35
Gone Wild

I put 14's on the drives all the time. They can rub the front bumper if you turn it all the way. I always pin the rear mud flap up anyway to stop any flopping around but I've never seen them rub the back
YamahaCRN35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:15 AM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Rubberband profile tires? We avoid the super low profile tires due to rough ride, especially on Ydra and Ydre with T1275s. A Ydra with super low profile tires will break your spine on anything but perfect surfaces. I guess i should have clarified that also. If you dont mind, who is your tire/wheel supplier? Local or Major chain?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:34 PM   #7
YamahaCRN35
Gone Wild

I was talking about the really low pro tire (205x14). We do it on a lot of neighborhood carts and out of all them we have done only one customer has come back and asked to change to a 12 and a tire with more sidewall. We use several suppliers but these are from Nivel.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 1.JPG (408.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg photo 2.jpg (338.9 KB, 0 views)
YamahaCRN35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha