lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-12-2013, 07:07 AM   #11
geno218
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: high engine blow by/runs better when breather hose is plugged

OK I might try soaking it this weekend but I don't think leak down is the issue. The more I look at it I'm thinking something is not operating properly. I'm gonna test the coil and fuel pump tonight.
geno218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-12-2013, 11:01 AM   #12
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

A bog on acceleration could be caused by a clogged emulsion jet in the carb.
Start simple!
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:52 PM   #13
Richbunnie
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

How does the engine run when you use the choke?
Richbunnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:33 PM   #14
geno218
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

If I full choke it it dies but if I pump the choke button it seems to run better. Its been snowing here the past few days so I haven't been carting a whole lot
Old 11-14-2013, 06:40 PM   #15
Richbunnie
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Doomsman might be on track. If you use the choke to limit the air intake and the engine runs better. It would be worth looking toward the carb. Just as a side note. If you do pull the carb and clean it. Get a a set of wire files (tourch tip cleaners) And clean every passage and jet you can get to. Just flushing with cleaner will help but may not get it clean enough. I pulled mune 3 extra time because I did not use the files to properly clean the carb out. On the last round when I used the files I got some trash out from a cross passage that did not come out from flushing. Also I too had to use choke to keep the cart running before the last cleaning. Now the cart starts and runs without fault. With that in mind. I would check the carb before going after the blowby. If the engine runs well after the cleaning. There my not be a need to go any farther. You also mentioned checking the coil. I would hold off on that. Again if the choke helps. Look at the carb. Hope this helps.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:28 PM   #16
geno218
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok I'm going to check out the carb tonight I did pull the jet out from The top of the carb and it was clean as a whistle I have been running 91 octagon fuel with "up to 10% ethanol" if that helps
Old 11-15-2013, 05:36 AM   #17
Richbunnie
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Follow this link. http://imageshack.us/a/img224/9301/carbassemblyce3.jpg
From what I can tell you removed #4. It would be wise to also remove #3,6&7 when I claned mine I found crud in the passage that fed #3 & 4. The crap did come out with cleaner I had to use a wire file.The jets all looked clean in mine but it ras like crap. Hope this helps.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:36 AM   #18
dewzer
Getting Wild

Just FWIW, when I am cleaning carb passages, I take different ga. stranded wire, peal back the insulation a good 6" and snip off a strand. Wire dia. depends on what size orifice I am dealing with.
The tip cleaners are files hence enlarging the orifice you insert it into.
That would make me leery of something changing internal flow.
Again, just my 2 cents.
I think your blow by issue is ring related as compression is right on the top of the good side. Fuel pump pressure should be 3-7psi.
I had an older gentleman show me something about 30 years ago that blew me away that works in many different applications.
50% DextronIII and 50% acetone mix. ( there are no chemical reactions )
Better than any WD40 or PB blaster/penetrating oil/top engine cleaner I have seen.
He had it in a old pint paint can and would apply it with a brush on bolts or dump it down cylinders on old JD tractors he was restoring until I dumped out a windex bottle he had on his shelf and put it in there.
Changed a " set in his ways " old gentleman a little bit I did. Although he did pour half of it back in the can the old fart.
I have dealt with B&S engines that blow by a tad into the air cleaner and dang near soak the filter. Run the oil just under the full mark on the stick and it quits.
Do you fill to the full mark or fill by oz's of oil per the manufacture.
Someone may have changed dip sticks. You just never know.
Just thinking out loud this am.
dewzer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carb spits gas, engine blowby, fe290, low power
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car