lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-17-2014, 11:35 AM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Range of my EZGO???

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonequest View Post
I do have a voltmeter installed. It does amps too but maxes out at 99 amps so that part is useless as soon as you hit the pedal hard. I think my neighborhood is a 2 mile loop according to my friend who walks it every morning. I do have a speedometer (bicycle one) that may do mileage as well. I think I will have no problem though after reading the range that people are getting. It seems these things will get between 30-50 miles even with some mods. A parade will be far less than that. I was just going to offer my cart to my daughters dance team as a support vehicle. It is chameleon but mostly green with teal/white seats now and my daughters school colors are green. I figure I put the LED's in green setting and add a few school stickers and I'll look official. I will do a neighborhood loop about 10 times just to be sure though.
Getting 30-50 miles on a single charge is optimistic for most carts. In fact, I had to work pretty hard to exceed the lower number.

You drove your cart with 4 people on it for 18 holes, which is probably about 5 miles of stop-rest-go again type driving, so you be okay for a 5 mile parade route, unless it was mighty cold that day.

Start with fully charged batteries and drive around the 2 mile neighborhood loop once. Let cart rest for half and hour, measure pack voltage and determine start SoC.
Then drive around the 2 mile loop 5 times, let the cart rest for half an hour and measure pack voltage again to determine stop SoC.

Subtract the stop SoC from the start SoC to get the % SoC used in 10 miles. (It would be more accurate if you used an odometer to measure distance traveled between start and stop)

Divide the % Soc used by the distance traveled to get the % SoC used per mile.

Divide 50% by the % SoC/Mile and you will have the estimated distance your cart will travel on one charge without discharging the pack below 50% SoC.

Your range will decrease as the batteries age and will be less in colder weather.

--------
Try not to get follow any horses in the parades, that stuff is smelly.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-17-2014, 11:38 AM   #12
jonequest
Gone Wild

Default Re: Range of my EZGO???

Thanks for the advice!
jonequest is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO