lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-06-2014, 08:56 PM   #1
s10king91
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Yamaha g9 Diesel Cart Build

I am getting ready to build a Diesel cart, I would love to hear from anyone who has, I am going to be using a Yanmar 3tne68 or a Kubota D662 and adding a turbo charger to either.

I am wondering about the Clutch I've seen a couple guys using stock clutches but was wondering if a aftermarket would be the better route and just play with the weights to make it engage at a lower rpm.

Anyways I'm dead set on building this I originally was going to buy the 440kit from a vendor but decided not to and to repower this beast with a diesel.

I'll post some pictures of my ratted out cart up later for you all to laugh at lol.
s10king91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-07-2014, 09:13 AM   #2
cramblit26
I'm 'That Guy"!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Yamaha g9 Diesel Cart Build

Welcome to the wonderful world of Diesel-mania!!! I feel as though us diesel guys should have our own sub-category. I don't know much about the clutches but I was wondering if you knew which turbo you were going to be using? Do already have one or are you going to get one when you start the build? I think that either of those 3cyl's are great candidates. I wouldn't mind either one of them in my buggie. Keep us posted!
cramblit26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 02:37 PM   #3
s10king91
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I don't have a turbo lined up just yet I was going to get the motor installed first then talk to a couple guys about a turbo, I see the Vw turbos are pretty common on these.
Does anyone know how much extra clearance under the seat I would gain adding a 7" lift any at all Just trying to figure out the best way to mount this motor with out hitting anything.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:12 PM   #4
cramblit26
I'm 'That Guy"!

Mixed Breed

I know the turbo I used on my buggie is rated for anything between 200cc-900cc and I just saw them on ebay for about $250. A lot less than I paid for mine. It's a RHB31. I've beat the crap out of it for over a year now and the motor and turbo are still in tip top shape.
cramblit26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:15 PM   #5
s10king91
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I'm trying to figure out what the speed is going to be like with the Diesel engine I would imagine i could get 35 pretty easy and I'm sure it'll drag my house to the other side of the street lol.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:19 PM   #6
Slamminsam
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

throw some pics up for us to drool over.....
i had to go with 8" on my cart to get the yanmar 10 hp diesel to fit under it, and im still a little nervous about the height. i havent had any real weight in it yet. the diesel was about 4" taller than the stock 295 robin motor.
Cramblit has been trying to talk me into a turbo as well for mine.
i would think the stock clutches would work if they are in good shape. Ive been dealing with getting mind dialed in. it runs, but not as good yet due to clutches.
to get to that speed, you may have to add more gears and/or more tire.
we really need to see pics though or it didnt happen type of thing.
i figured by the time im done i should have about 25 mph out of mine. but i didnt build it for speed either.
Slamminsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 02:14 PM   #7
s10king91
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I will take some photo's today, I haven't picked up the motor yet it's 2 hours from here and I just haven't had a chance to go down and get it I've basically got a G9 that is stripped to the frame ATM.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:54 PM   #8
Slamminsam
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

OK, but we will be anxiously waiting on photos...
if you haven't viewed cramblits build, you should. maybe he can give some ideas for your build.
Slamminsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 05:45 PM   #9
davekayse62
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by s10king91 View Post
I'm trying to figure out what the speed is going to be like with the Diesel engine I would imagine i could get 35 pretty easy and I'm sure it'll drag my house to the other side of the street lol.
someone one here put the cyl yanmar in an ezgo, they said the cart has a ton of torque but it is slow,

there is a company that makes flywheels for the motors with a shaft on the end to mount the clutch. hopefully he will chime in and give you more info
davekayse62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 05:48 PM   #10
davekayse62
Not Yet Wild

he may be getting more speed than I though

some info on this thread
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/big-b...er-diesel.html
davekayse62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha