lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-12-2014, 11:58 AM   #1
lake surfer
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Turn signal wireing help!

Hi All,

I am trying to figure out my front turn signal / running light wireing. my sparky skills are limited in this area. I have the universal blinker switch. It pulses 12v positive to the light it is hooked up to when activated. works great on the rear where I have three wire lights. on the front how ever for the size of light I want to use I can only find two wire lights. Those would work fine if all I wanted was a blinker but I want it to double as a running light. Does any one know how I can wire up a two wire light with two power sources ( one constant hot with key on/ one pulsing hot when blinker switch is activated) and a ground and achieve what I am trying to do?

Thanks in advance...
lake surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-12-2014, 06:12 PM   #2
Koolaid
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Turn signal wireing help!

Depending on what type of flasher you have.... if it is normally open the n it should send power thru it when lights are turned on and when activated would pulse and close circuit to blink.
Koolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 06:24 PM   #3
Koolaid
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Or I could have that backwards.....Be normally closed and open to pulse
Old 02-12-2014, 07:30 PM   #4
lake surfer
Getting Wild

Yamaha

The flasher is normally open meaning no power passing thru. When the switch is flipped. Tue flasher closes and pulse or flashes a 12v signal. So basicly light on light off. If it was the other way around I'd be golden but the universal switch doesn't operate that way.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:34 PM   #5
Koolaid
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Then u will have to use a relay to switch it to the flasher
Old 02-12-2014, 08:03 PM   #6
CAMPERCART2013
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by lake surfer View Post
The flasher is normally open meaning no power passing thru. When the switch is flipped. Tue flasher closes and pulse or flashes a 12v signal. So basicly light on light off. If it was the other way around I'd be golden but the universal switch doesn't operate that way.
you can change the flasher from positive to negative using a common 30a relay but I am unsure if it will work that way on a regular bulb you only have power and ground i'm pretty sure you'll need a three way/ signal bulb
CAMPERCART2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:07 AM   #7
lake surfer
Getting Wild

Yamaha

That's what I'm afraid of. I'm trying to do it all in LEDs and they don't come in three ways. A friend said try running the pulse power to the ground that should make it flash considering LEDs are polar sensitive. Any thoughts on that idea?
Old 02-13-2014, 06:27 AM   #8
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

GM used non-grounding 2 wire turns for years for side turn/marker lites.1 wire goes to turn,the other to park lite circuit.It backfeeds the opposite circuit for ground.Hope this helps
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha