lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2018, 09:16 AM   #11
crash test dummy

Default Re: Parking brake return spring?

nope ask away ... it is just thing i do when post is old
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-30-2018, 12:55 PM   #12
beaverislander
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog View Post
Yes I do, so does that mean my issue with the spring is not valid? Or that he or someone else had same issue and found a fix but I should not ask because it's to old?
I'm glad you brought it up again as it caused me to take another look. I was aware of the spring underneath but did not see the one on the pedal, and that's the culprit in my case. I have the replacement spring but couldn't figure out where it went so naturally I figured I was sent the wrong part. A little warmer weather and I'll get after it. My parking brake doesn't release when I tap the brake pedal so maybe this will take care of that issue.
Thanks.
beaverislander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 04:44 PM   #13
crash test dummy

the correct part for your cart
Club Car Hill Brake Spring

Hill brake spring. For Club Car G&E 1981-up DS cart golf cart models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverislander View Post
. My parking brake doesn't release when I tap the brake pedal so maybe this will take care of that issue.
Thanks.
it will . done a few
if you need help let me know
Old 04-30-2018, 06:17 PM   #14
beaverislander
Getting Wild

Club Car

OK, thanks.
Got another question..... Last year I updated to a 48V system which included a digital battery meter in the kit. It worked fine last year but it is going bonkers this spring. Should they last longer than 1 season, or did I just get a bad one?
beaverislander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 07:41 PM   #15
crash test dummy

Quote:
ok, thanks.
Got another question..... Last year i updated to a 48v system which included a digital battery meter in the kit. It worked fine last year but it is going bonkers this spring. Should they last longer than 1 season, or did i just get a bad one?
i have had one for 5 years ... So i would think you got a bad oe ... Where did you get it ? CHECK WIRES ?
Old 04-30-2018, 08:23 PM   #16
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Sometimes when things go unused for a long time you can get oxidation in your connections. Remove the wires and clean with contact cleaner.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 09:00 PM   #17
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
Sometimes when things go unused for a long time you can get oxidation in your connections. Remove the wires and clean with contact cleaner.
good point
Old 05-01-2018, 08:25 AM   #18
Nodrog
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
I'm glad you brought it up again as it caused me to take another look. I was aware of the spring underneath but did not see the one on the pedal, and that's the culprit in my case. I have the replacement spring but couldn't figure out where it went so naturally I figured I was sent the wrong part. A little warmer weather and I'll get after it. My parking brake doesn't release when I tap the brake pedal so maybe this will take care of that issue.
Thanks.
I ordered a online manual and it does show the bigger spring also, If I can figure out how to post the picture I will later today. I also have the part number for it however can't find it and have called a Club Car shop and they said the number has been changed and are working to find it for me.The park brake spring is in the pedal though and different from the bigger one under the cart. The part number if you want it for the larger spring is 1010935 Brake return torsion spring. Good luck.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 02:52 PM   #19
KDW
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I have an 85 CC DS electric with the same spring. It is on the main brake rod. Parts diagram for my cart stated that it had a J bolt with a hole in the end connected to a spring which connected to the frame for the brake return.

However, my j bolt didn't have the hole and was using the same spring mentioned in this thread. It was broken, and I had no luck finding an exact match.

Instead, ordered a jbolt (part #101933001) with the hole in the end and a return spring (part # 1013531) listed in the parts manual. It was a simple swap out, I did need to drill a whole on the back end of the frame so the spring could hook into it. works fine after some adjusting.
KDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 02:07 AM   #20
crash test dummy

beaverislander was talking about the hill brake spring (#2) not the brake return spring (#16) but they break too

NOTE : if you replace the hill brake spring you should also replace the two nylon bushings (#1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog View Post
I ordered a online manual and it does show the bigger spring also, If I can figure out how to post the picture I will later today. I also have the part number for it however can't find it and have called a Club Car shop and they said the number has been changed and are working to find it for me.The park brake spring is in the pedal though and different from the bigger one under the cart. The part number if you want it for the larger spring is 1010935 Brake return torsion spring. Good luck.
you can call dave (TahoeDawgZ71)
revolution golf cars site sponsor
706-836-7210
Email: info@revolutiongolfcars.com

he is where i got my springs
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car