lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-12-2014, 11:20 AM   #1
golferjw1
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha Drive Hunting Buggy

There sure isn't a lot of people utilizing the Yamaha platform for serious upgrades that I can find in this forum. I am looking to find out if the parts are available and if anyone has done this yet?
My cart is a '08 Drive that has a speed motor. I really don't want to trade my cart in for a club car but that is looking like my only option. I am looking to do a complete overhaul of most parts so any help would be appreciated. I want to get a extreme torque motor with a 600 amp+ controller. I am going to be buying new batteries so have considered more than 48 volts. I have also considered AC but hard to find reputable suppliers.
My cart will be used for hunting so mostly driving around at slow speeds which is obviously hard on a Regen. I really like electric braking though for steep inclines. I will be installing a lift and bigger tires also.
Has anyone documented their conversion that I am overlooking? Can anyone atleast point me in the direction of a supplier. Checking site sponsors has left me less than optimistic. Thanks for the anticipated help.
golferjw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-12-2014, 11:44 AM   #2
wannabass
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha Drive Hunting Buggy

Hi golferjw1,
I just bought an 08 drive yesterday from a private owner, lightly used with the yellow axel tag. Lots of good information on here but a bit hard to search for sometimes.
Ordered a jakes long travel lift today as most of my usage will be in the woods also. I plan to replace weak links as I go from there. Will glad to share what ever I learn.
WB
wannabass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 10:41 AM   #3
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Yamaha Drive Hunting Buggy

If I was going to build an extreme Drive then it would probably be converted to series since all parts are getting replaced. Alltrax SPM controllers are available up to 800 amps in the 0-5V throttle type that the Drive uses. For motor, it would have to be D&D as they make some killer series motors.

For batteries I'd go lithium like my last series build. The 14 lithium batteries I used only weighed ~120 pounds, were 52v nominal and moved this lifted long travel cart on 25's just over 42 miles per charge.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...txt-build.html
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha