lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-27-2014, 02:47 PM   #1
darkxenorider
Not Yet Wild

Default Question about the Speed 5 code

I have a 2003 Club Cart Ds and it only goes about 12 MPH. From what I read that's because its at Speed Code 3. So I did some research and found that i can ether pay $100 to have my cart upgraded to speed code 5 that will go 19.5 MPH or I can play $130 to get a after market programmer that will make my cart got 30 MPH. So The question I have is the speed code 5 programmer legit or a scam?
darkxenorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-27-2014, 03:26 PM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Question about the Speed 5 code

The only way it will do 30mph with stock parts is fully loaded going down a very big Hill!

If You have an ADC motor, the speed magnet is about $20 shipped and it will do about the same as both of the previous options.

None of those options will guarantee the speed, Your stock parts (motor, battery, cables, controller, etc) would still need to have the capacity of achieving that kind of performance.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 03:46 PM   #3
greg-g
Gone Wild

I have one with stock tires it does about 22 to 24 mph with my 22" tires it does an easy 27 and this is flat ground don't have any hills. it is a lot more peppy, I tried the magnet it will get up to 19.6 but its got no pep. it did work for me but like Sergio said its the other stuff that counts as well.
greg-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 04:09 PM   #4
darkxenorider
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the feedback How can i tell if i have the adc motor?
Old 08-27-2014, 05:07 PM   #5
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The ADC motor has a black housing and the speed sensor looks like a "Top Hat".
The GE motor has a gray housing and the speed sensor is flat.
The speed sensor (and magnet) are accessed from behind the rear passenger wheel side of the cart.
I am not sure if they had ADC motors in 2003...
They also make speed magnets for the GE motors, but it seems like folks have more problems trying to "Pry" the magnet off the shaft.
The ADC motor magnet is held in place by a single screw.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:25 PM   #6
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Sounds like you are set to speed code 2. The speedy link works, as well as speed code 5. You can get a dealer to set you to speed code 3, or pay for the speed code 4. The magnet on the ge motor is a little more difficult to change, but it works also. Just read up on all these and pick the one you want. None of them give you added torque. Speed code 5 will give you the most speed IMO. Also you may want the regen pedal up braking set to "0"
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 07:56 AM   #7
darkxenorider
Not Yet Wild

got a question about this 2 speed new speed senor that claims it does the same thing as the speedy link but at half the cost. and it has a toggle switch is it legit or am i asking for trouble

heres the link

gaminde net/ 2speed.html

remove the spaces
Old 08-28-2014, 08:31 AM   #8
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

As far as I know all these speed mods work. The controller is set up to limit the speed to 19.6 mph. This does not change with 2 speed switch, or speedy link as far as I know. Speed code 4 gets you that speed also. I may be wrong I'm sure others will correct me if I am. Speed code 5 resets the upper limit of the allowed speed in the controller. On mine going down hill my cart will speed up to over 35 mph if I hold the pedal down. I was warned that doing that will also cause the motor to fly apart if you do it. I did it once and got away with it. I will NOT do it again. Took me 300 yds to get the darn thing stopped. Cart brakes are not made for that.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car