lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-27-2014, 06:47 PM   #1
cmorg
Not Yet Wild

Default Another drive that wont move!

Hey all. I have a 2007 yamaha drive that I bought it was needing batteries. Had o rigional Trojans in it. I replaced them with worldwide batterys. It has 4-12v. It ran great for a few days. Then one day I drove it and it wouldn't restart. It would go forward a second then stop. Like a jump. Did that a few times then was fine. Next day it hardly moved at all. Did the same jumping. Today it wont move at all. I tested continuity (sp) on the switch left of throttle. It was good. Checked ignition switch. It was also good. Looked at 3 prong plug coming off motor it was connected well. Also any and all other electrical connections I can see are plugged in. Now what? I did when I first got the cart use a hose to clean the throttle/brake pedal well with a hose as it was full of junk. Hiw do you diagnose the switch on the right side of throttle pedal?
cmorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-27-2014, 07:36 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Another drive that wont move!

5v in. 0-5v out. Has to be done with the harness connected, because no useful readings can be found without 5v applied to the sensor. The black wire is negative, blue wire is 5v+, orange wire is 0-5v, depending on where the throttle is.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:38 PM   #3
cmorg
Not Yet Wild

Thank you. I will check this tomorrow. Is this a common switch that causes problems or am I looking in the wrong place for the problem?
Old 08-27-2014, 11:04 PM   #4
cgtech

Yamaha

I have done very few throttle sensors. The start/stop switch on the other side is much more common to fail. Try this, next time the cart lurches, then stops. Press the gas to the floor, then slide your foot off the side of the pedal, allowing it to spring to "zero throttle" position. I have found this to often reveal a junk start/stop switch (the cart will usually work normally the next one or two times the throttle is pressed).
Old 08-28-2014, 05:41 AM   #5
cmorg
Not Yet Wild

I read that in another responce you gave someone else. I would try that but I cannot even get my cart to move at all now. I tested the left switch with my multimeter. When throttle is untouched or "up" it has no continuity. When throttle depressed or "down" it has continuity. However cart still will not move. I checked all plugs I can find and they are all plugged in. I flip switch to tow then back to run and I hear two clicks coming from solenoid?
Old 08-28-2014, 09:20 AM   #6
cgtech

Yamaha

You could still try it.. Sometimes switches test good with ohm meter, but dont work in "real world" use.
Old 08-28-2014, 03:10 PM   #7
cmorg
Not Yet Wild

So today I checked voltage on the left switch. Has 38 volts on one wire and 0 on another until pedal is depressed then 38 volts on that wire. I started to check voltage on right switch wire and as soon as I stuck meter probe in there I heard clicking in the back. So I depressed throttle and it engaged but just a second again. Then second time it stayed e ngauged until I let off. When you let off the throttle there is a strange noise coming from motor area. Electric braking maybe? Or something is wrong. I have a short video of it.
Old 08-28-2014, 03:54 PM   #8
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Send us a link to the video. Cgtech will get to the bottom of it.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 06:29 PM   #9
cmorg
Not Yet Wild

http://m.youtube.com/results?q=yamah...20problem&sm=3
Old 08-28-2014, 06:42 PM   #10
cmorg
Not Yet Wild

Another update. I was wrong on voltage on switch to the left. It has 50 volts. I didnt have my meter grounded well. And right switch has 5v on blue and orange starts at 0 then moves to 1 up to 5 once throttle is depressed.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha