lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-29-2014, 08:43 PM   #1
mikeberk65
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 2015 YDRE Adventure Sport 2 + 2, no PTV upgrade

Just took delivery on one of these, this week, in Larimer blue - really sweet - nice, quiet, tight. When I ordered it over a month ago, the dealer and I both thought he could put the PTV speed upgrade on it. He now tells me Yamaha won't sell the upgrade, saying it would result in a cart that would do 20 mph, and they won't allow that from a liability standpoint. This cart has a 3" lift and 20" tires from the factory. So now I'm stuck with a brand new cart that won't do more than 15 mph. It accelerates pretty strongly up to about 10mph, and then it's like the brakes are on as it creeps up to 14-15mph.

I have a bone stock 20 year old G19E, with Pachanga90's 3" lift and also on 20" tires that will run 18mph with freshly charged batteries. The dealer said he'd experiment with turning down the regen and might tweak the speed up a little on the 2015.

What's the opinion of the group here? Fact or fiction on Yamaha selling the PTV for a 2 + 2, or is my dealer or Yamaha corporate trying to blow smoke up my pants leg?

Any ideas or comments would be greatly appreciated.
mikeberk65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-29-2014, 09:42 PM   #2
seoighs
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2015 YDRE Adventure Sport 2 + 2, no PTV upgrade

That sux.

I know dealers never lie, but did they tell you the upgrade would be available before your purchase? What if you live in an area where LSV's are legal for use on public roads? They can (and pretty much are required to) operate up to 25 mph.
seoighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 11:15 PM   #3
mikeberk65
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Yeah, he did say that it should be available. Matter of fact he tried to get it installed at the factory before delivery, but supposedly my cart was too far along the assembly line process for that to happen. My dealer contacts his Yamaha rep who in turn is the liaison to corporate. So the story goes, anyway.

FWIW, I was looking at a new 2014 2+2 at a different dealer just across the state line from me (I'm in TX, other dealer is in LA) and they said they could do the upgrade - they were going to do it as a deal sweetener at no cost to me to move their old stock before the 2015's came out. But, it was silver, I was pretty set on the blue, and nobody in my area had any blue 2014's left.

I may check with the other dealer in LA next week after the holiday and see what they say.
mikeberk65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 11:57 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

For liability reasons, Yamaha is Not in the business of selling LSVs (the federal rules say "capable of at least 20mph, and no more than 25mph" not required to go 25). Yamaha only sells PTVs, 19mph and below. Thats a bummer. you could tell them you want to change to 18" tires, that would keep you below 20mph. Also ask them to look at the "2014 yamaha parts and accessories catalog", then start pointing out all the larger than 18" wheel/tire offered by yamaha (in georgia, not your local dealer) for use on their vehicles. It does not say in the catalog "not for use on ptv vehicles already capable of 19 mph". Start punching holes in their theory with things yamaha already offers to their customers that would permit operation at 20 mph.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha