lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2014, 09:21 AM   #1
Fishnnmore
Not Yet Wild

Default 94 CC resistor V-Glide controller cart

Hello there from Texas. I recently purchased a 94 resister CC W/v-glide controller. I am taken back by how well this thing was taken care of but am questioning whether or not I should have waited to find a newer model CC.

Honestly, I am clueless on the whole resister/ v glide and what they do. On a full charge with two grown men, I am pushing 16mph. This is after finding out that the linkage for the go pedal was broken and tied together with wire and fishing line so the v glide was not making contact with the last two contact points.

My plans are to put a 6" suspension lift and 12" wheels. Not planning on going mudding but do plan to go off road a little bit. Nothing crazy, just going from one neighbor hood to the next without getting on the main roads.

I am really new to the whole golf cart world and trying to find out what the big difference is between the 36V like mine and 48V like my buddies. Is it like a v6 and a V8?

Any info good or bad, recommendations or suggested would be greatly appreciated.
Fishnnmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2014, 12:12 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 94 CC resistor V-Glide controller cart

Your asking for a lot of information. I could give you an answer with 10 points and miss 10 others.

Basics =
1. All carts were 36v until 1995 when CC released the first 48v version
2. The 1995 48v cart was no faster than the 94 36v cart. It was more efficient.
3. Early carts were resistor coil speed control. This was very inefficient
4. 1990 saw Ezgo introduce the first solid state speed control. It was efficient
5.There are series and seperately excited (sepex) solid state drive systems.
6. Series carts make more torque than speed. workhorse type vehicle
7. Sepex carts are people movers, they make more speed than torque
8. All carts are engineered for 2 people to drive 300 yards on 18" tires and rest
9. All carts need electronic upgrades for bigger tires and added passengers.
10. Resistor coil carts can be converted to modern electronics.

Go here for an expanded version. http://cartsunlimited.net/Golf_Cart_Basics.html
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 01:27 PM   #3
Fishnnmore
Not Yet Wild

Lol, awesome!! Thanks for the 101. Excited about this project.
Old 08-31-2014, 01:45 PM   #4
Fishnnmore
Not Yet Wild

Wow!! Impressed with the site. Already excited about upgrading. I will hit you up on your e mail about a bundle that will suit my needs/ wants.
Thanks again.
BTW, I completely agree with the whole buying parts from a bunch of different sites risking incompatibility to save a few bucks is not a good idea especially for new B's like me.
Like that someone with a lot more experience has put in the time and effort to offer conversion bundles.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car