lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2019, 03:22 PM   #1
kokkos88
Not Yet Wild

Default Fsip motor wont fit😩😩

Anybody know how to fix this? The bracket where the rear shock atatches grinds into my new motor. The motor is FSIP high tourque, bought from Dave. What is wrong with my setup?
kokkos88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2019, 03:39 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Fsip motor wont fit😩😩

I'll take partial blame for this. It appears that I didn't ask enough questions or put in enough thought regarding the year model of your vehicle when you ordered the motor. Here's a little history lesson in golf car axle 101....

In 2006 Club Car released the IQ Plus system in their heavy duty Carryall and Villager product line. It was the first time that Club Car had used a "long stack" motor in any of their vehicles. The long stack motor was too large to fit on the cart so they revised the rear differential. Every differential (regardless of vehicle model) from 2006-present is affected by this revision. The passenger side axle is a couple inches longer and the driver's side axle is a couple inches shorter. This allows the gearcase of the differential to be shifted towards the driver's side and allows more room for the motor, alleviating the issue seen in your photos.

A lift kit would fix this issue. You are the first person I've ever sold a long stack motor to that did not have a lifted cart so this has never been an issue.

You also have the option of trimming the bracket that it's rubbing on to get the clearance you need. It appears that there is no interference with the frame, only the bottom of the shock mount. If you can trim some of that away it may be enough to work for you.

The third option would be to source some axle tubes and axles from a 2006 or newer model Club Car DS or Precedent. They're a direct fit.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 03:58 PM   #3
kokkos88
Not Yet Wild

Okay, since I’m in Norway the only option is cutting the bracket and pray that it hold. Thanks for the quick answer, the FSIP support refused to help me because I didn’t buy the motor directly from them.
I’ve know for a fact that I’ve sent the full serial/model number for my cart, before I ordered the parts.
This sucks so hard.....😔😔😔
Old 08-23-2019, 04:08 PM   #4
Out2Sea
Gone Wild

An FYI that is on the D&D motor website for their high torque motor.

“Beware : A lift kit is required for this motor to fit. In addition, this motor may not fit into this golf car without fabrication work. For this motor to work in this cart, fabrication may be required to move the shock. This is because the wheel base on this style golf car is too narrow and the motor is too long. In addition, while driving, the distance between the shock & the motor speed sensor is reduced. If the shock is too close, the speed sensor will get damaged. This damage is NOT covered under warranty.”

Maybe a lift isn’t such a bad idea given the issue.
Out2Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 04:14 PM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokkos88 View Post
I’ve know for a fact that I’ve sent the full serial/model number for my cart, before I ordered the parts.
This sucks so hard.....������
I'm sure you did. That's the part I was referring to when I said I'd take some of the blame for this. Let me know what you can come up with. I'm not opposed to making you some sort of relocation bracket and shipping it to you. I want to make something work for you.
Old 08-23-2019, 04:16 PM   #6
kokkos88
Not Yet Wild

A lift kit will taken forever to get here. Waited over a month to get the motor. And shipping and tax is making everything ridiculously expensive
Old 08-23-2019, 04:23 PM   #7
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out2Sea View Post
An FYI that is on the D&D motor website for their high torque motor.

“Beware : A lift kit is required for this motor to fit. In addition, this motor may not fit into this golf car without fabrication work. For this motor to work in this cart, fabrication may be required to move the shock. This is because the wheel base on this style golf car is too narrow and the motor is too long. In addition, while driving, the distance between the shock & the motor speed sensor is reduced. If the shock is too close, the speed sensor will get damaged. This damage is NOT covered under warranty.”

Maybe a lift isn’t such a bad idea given the issue.
Ours has the same message on it. This was a phone order though. It's my mistake. I'll own it.
Old 08-23-2019, 04:29 PM   #8
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

I've attached a photo. If you cut on the red line, and drill a 3/8" hole and put a bolt where the blue circle is, I feel like you'll have more than enough integrity here for your shock mount and body support bracket. Some heavier leaf springs that aren't stock would help tremendously too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg norway.jpg (240.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-23-2019, 07:41 PM   #9
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

I would think that a lift in Norway would almost be a requirement.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 08:56 PM   #10
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Trim off about an inch of that where it’s closest to the motor. Then make some extended shackles for the back of the springs. Make them about 2” longer and you’ll gain about an inch of clearance above the motor.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car