lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-15-2021, 12:09 PM   #1
JLyons510
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Materials/options for sound deadening

I just bought a newly rebuilt 2004 Ez-Go TXT. It was rebuilt frame up, looks and functions very well. However the new body does not have any sound deadening material that I believe the stock body had. Plus the engine noise is quite loud and open throttle, almost loud enough to not hold a reasonable conversation without yelling. Everything mechanically seems to be working well and so now I'm looking into options for sound deadening or aftermarket exhausts but I think sound deadening might be a better place to start. I've looked into materials used for automobiles but those seems to work by limiting vibrations and not actually absorbing any sound. What have people used in the past that has worked well? Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 134249784_4222408071109924_9034275959669782528_n.jpg (180.5 KB, 0 views)
JLyons510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-15-2021, 12:36 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Materials/options for sound deadening

The factory body has no deadening material in it. It’s just plastic.

Those robins motors are pretty quiet and smooth. What kind of noise is it? Exhaust or exhaust leak noise? Engine?

If there’s engine noise, double check the valve adjustment. Loose valves make a lot of racket.

2004 would be an MCI motor. Those I’ve seen several strip the exhaust stud from the head and loosen up/become noisy. This usually is because the lower bolt where the muffler mounts to the frame behind the passenger side rear tire is not secured correctly. This lower mounting bolt supports the muffler a LOT. if it’s loose then all the support is relying on the 2 bolts into the cylinder head...

Also how fast does it go? If the governor is cranked wide open she’ll be plenty fast, but make a ton of noise. Those engines were only designed to rev so high
CP241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 12:42 PM   #3
JLyons510
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Materials/options for sound deadening

It seems to be engine noise. I'll check the valves, muffler mounting, and top speed just to eliminate some more obvious things.
JLyons510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO