lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-16-2010, 02:34 AM   #1
stepsidebowtie
Not Yet Wild

Default RXV a no go

I recently acquired a theft recovery electric 2009 RXV. It doesn't run. The batteries are still new and all the volts check out ok. When I turn the key on I do hear the solenoid click but when I step on the gas pedal, nothing. I do sometimes hear the motor click but thats it. Is there any way of checking the motor to see if its burnt? or how about the controller. I tried searching for a wiring diagram but no luck. Any input is appreciated.
stepsidebowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-16-2010, 07:56 AM   #2
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

Default Re: RXV a no go

your best bet i taking it to a dealer or to somewhere that has a scanner for that cart.

That cart has a/c drive so just jumping stuff can get you in trouble. You can check for power coming thru the solenoid when activated. I know RXV has solenoids issues.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:17 AM   #3
dougmcp
Gone Wild

The brake solenoid has caused problems in past and could have the brakes locked.
Even the dealers are a little fuzzy on these, you need an EZGO dealer that has experience on RXV's.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:08 PM   #4
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

I am a dealer and have done a few controllers, lots of solenoids, 1 brake assy, a gas pedal or 2,

These carts really arn't designed for the DIY. Without the handheld you will just be replacing parts.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:41 PM   #5
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by COURTESYCART View Post
These carts really arn't designed for the DIY. Without the handheld you will just be replacing parts.
I agree.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:24 PM   #6
stepsidebowtie
Not Yet Wild

I cant' get it to the dealer cause Im in Hawaii and the dealer is on another island. There is power coming out of the solenoid and I removed the brake from the motor so there is no restriction on the motor but it still doesnt go. Can the controller be mailed to the dealer to see if its still good or will I have to ship the cart?
Old 08-16-2010, 05:34 PM   #7
dougmcp
Gone Wild

I would get the dealer to service the cart when he makes the next trip to service golf course carts on whichever island you're on.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:15 AM   #8
stepsidebowtie
Not Yet Wild

Dealer won't come outer islands unless theres more than just one cart or problem. Is the scanner a universal one or a ez-go only product? Where can I get one?
Old 08-18-2010, 08:35 AM   #9
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

Its a EZGO only unit. - scanner

The solenoid only operated the brake unit. Check the wires on the controller. if they were loose than the controller is fried. I have seen 3 this way.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:59 PM   #10
stepsidebowtie
Not Yet Wild

I checked all the wires off the controller and they were tight. I even unplugged the main harness to the controller and plugged it back in. Still no movement. Does anyone have a wiring diagram? Id like to get a scanner if its possible or not too expensive. Is it a specific ez-go product or a universal one? Thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO