lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2021, 12:12 PM   #1
moziomek
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Default Ignition Switch Wiring "92 Columbia Par Car"

I was given a 92 Par Car that was known to not work and had been parked for some time. I cleaned up the carb. and fuel lines. I took belt off starter generator and tried key in F & R positions. Starter worked intermittently in both directions. Put belt back on and did get the motor to start and run "badly" in the F position for a little while then nothing sense. Solenoid will click in F position but nothing in R. I found a manual on line for 91/92 and am looking at the ignition switch operation and wiring. The ignition switch does "Not" operate like the manual shows.

The key circuit that switches the F-1 & F-2 coils to ground is F/R reversed. I did continuity check with wires disconnected. The switch does not look like it was ever replaced. I can't just switch the wires because the other pole of the switch that switches the brushes does work correctly with F/R key operation.

Is there any chance that ign. switch has failed such that one of the poles has reversed its self? Do all Par Car switches operate the same? If I ordered replacement ign. switch will it operate like manual suggests?

Thanks for any help.
moziomek is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-26-2021, 04:06 PM   #2
moziomek
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Default Re: Ignition Switch Wiring "92 Columbia Par Car"

Ignition switch was the problem. It is asking a lot of small contacts to switch that much current. Replaced switch and now running.

This cart is not a quick start. Seems to need extra starter time to build up pressure before wanting to start. Looking at oil seals now.
moziomek is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar