lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-25-2024, 01:03 PM   #1
Patterson876
Not Yet Wild

Default 2001 CCDS 48v Lithium Conversion Won't Move

Frustration is getting the better of me, so I'm looking for some advice/help here.

I have a 2001 Club Car Ds 48v that I just converted to Lithium Batteries.

https://batteryevo.com/product/48v-h...-2-kwh-2x-kit/

During installation, before I permanently mounted everything, I hooked it up and tested it in reverse. Cart moved about a foot. Success! - or so I thought...

I proceeded to mount everything in place, hooked up my inverter for the lights, removed and bypassed the OCB, and got ready to give her a test drive through the neighborhood.... switched over from TOW to RUN, turned the key, heard the OCB bypass "click", switched to reverse, buzzer sounded. Stepped the pedal, nothing... No movement, no click from the solenoid. Though perhaps it was a solenoid issue, installed a new one I had as a back up, still nothing.

I did a voltage check on the solenoid, and at the motor and controller, all seem to be getting proper voltage.

At a loss now. Hoping someone here may have had a similar issue?
Patterson876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-25-2024, 01:11 PM   #2
Patterson876
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2001 CCDS 48v Lithium Conversion Won't Move

As someone pointed out in another forum, I meant to say CONVERTER for the lighting...
Old 02-25-2024, 01:35 PM   #3
TheCartBoy
WARRANTY VOID

E-Z-GO

Maybe you didn't bypass the OBC or charger interlock correctly
TheCartBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 01:45 PM   #4
Patterson876
Not Yet Wild

I followed everything that I know to do. Removed the OCB completely, jumped the blue and white wires at the connecter, hear it click when the batteries are switched on. So I don't think it's that.
Old 02-25-2024, 01:49 PM   #5
TheCartBoy
WARRANTY VOID

E-Z-GO

Start checking the switch inputs at the controller, have a read through this thread:

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=194603
TheCartBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 08:58 AM   #6
JFeeney
Not Yet Wild

Did this issues get resolved? I am having the same problem on a CCDS 2003 after an ECO battery installation.
JFeeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 12:06 PM   #7
Patterson876
Not Yet Wild

Not yet. I may actually rermove and reinstall everything at this point just to eliminate things step by step. Very frustrating.
Old 02-27-2024, 02:19 PM   #8
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Do you have a factory controller or aftermarket?

I know when I did my conversion and removed the charge port entirely mine won't work till I disabled the interlock in my Navitas controller.

I know you said you did the interlock delete to the best of your knowledge but I would double check everything. It is likely that if everything worked before hand. That or a wire that didn't get connected.
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 12:02 PM   #9
Patterson876
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonojordan View Post
Do you have a factory controller or aftermarket?

I know when I did my conversion and removed the charge port entirely mine won't work till I disabled the interlock in my Navitas controller.

I know you said you did the interlock delete to the best of your knowledge but I would double check everything. It is likely that if everything worked before hand. That or a wire that didn't get connected.
I have the stock GE controller, and I'm starting to believe my problem stems from removing the OBC and the charging port. Something about not being able to ground the solenoid because I no longer have the 10g black wire from the OBC/Charging Port??? So the interlock bypass/delete is done, but no open signal is being sent to solenoid? I'm getting rather frustrated at this point.
Old 02-29-2024, 12:35 PM   #10
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patterson876 View Post
I have the stock GE controller, and I'm starting to believe my problem stems from removing the OBC and the charging port. Something about not being able to ground the solenoid because I no longer have the 10g black wire from the OBC/Charging Port??? So the interlock bypass/delete is done, but no open signal is being sent to solenoid? I'm getting rather frustrated at this point.
Hopefully someone can chime in with more experience on the the OBC. I know little about them and Navitas made it easy to bypass it in their software. I did not even do a bypass like is listed in any of the walkthroughs on here. I just unplugged and removed the whole thing and that was it with my Navitas.
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car