lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-03-2010, 01:06 PM   #21
miferrel
Gone Crazy

Club Car

Default Re: Best In-NEV GPS System?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruredy View Post
I know this will sound a little odd to some but lots of guys have used bicycle speedometer in their carts if all you want is to track speed and mileage. you don't have to worry so much about somebody taking it either.

Cheap one i found for about $4.00 It works on any size tire. Just program for tire diameter.

speedometer.jpg
miferrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-03-2010, 05:07 PM   #22
ncridgerunner
Not Yet Wild

Zone

ryanking02: to use the storm2 go into maps (blackberry maps) and click on navigation. You can also search for addresses and directions. It is not quite as user friendly as my garmin gps but it works fairly well.
ncridgerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 05:39 PM   #23
themackin
Not Yet Wild
Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by miferrel View Post
Cheap one i found for about $4.00 It works on any size tire. Just program for tire diameter.

Attachment 27939
Looks like a decent and cheap solution Mifferrel. Where do you mount the magnet? Doesn't it need to be attached to the wheel somehow?
themackin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:39 AM   #24
miferrel
Gone Crazy

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by themackin View Post
Looks like a decent and cheap solution Mifferrel. Where do you mount the magnet? Doesn't it need to be attached to the wheel somehow?

Mount magnet on the hub. The the inductor on the spindle. I used epoxy on both. Been there for about three years and still works great..
miferrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:49 AM   #25
themackin
Not Yet Wild
Zone

Quote:
Mount magnet on the hub. The the inductor on the spindle. I used epoxy on both. Been there for about three years and still works great..
Thanks Mif! Can't beat it for 4 bux. Plus I won't be worried about anyone stealing it.. might buy three or four just in case it does happen - just pop anonther one on. I will give it a try.
themackin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 11:46 PM   #26
Big Willy
Not Yet Wild

Thumbs up Re: Best In-NEV GPS System?

Quote:

Attachment 27939
Greetins, thanks for a great idea!!
Big Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:09 AM   #27
DealMaker8378
Getting Wild

Here's another version from Alltrax....prolly a lot more than $4 bucks. More bells and whistles. And you'll note a new term......STOV.

"I'm planning on driving my STOV to the pond today"!

http://www.alltraxinc.com/Products_Speedometers.html
DealMaker8378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 07:21 AM   #28
hos
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanking02 View Post
I have a Storm 2, what program are you using for GPS Speedo tracking? Sounds very intersting... Also, have you used your storm 2 as a GOLF GPS? I want to find a good program to use on the course too.

I wonder if they make a nice Storm 2 mount that would let me display it like a GPS would display?
I have the Storm 2 also:
BBMaps is a decent speedo tracker (and decent maps) for your storm. Otherwise your looking at paying for Garmin or VZ (if your on Verizon)
Golfing- purchased Golf Logix last fall. So far I love it. Did quite a bit of research and seemed the way to go (40 bucks a year, no course charges). They have accessory bundles but not sure that's the way to go.
link-http://www.golflogix.com/WebSite/BBStormFeatures.aspx
I've mounted a power source on my cart so battery life won't be an issue. I keep mine in the cup holder but I do have a mount for my pickup (cradle) that has a couple different mounting options and fits about any phone.
link (similar to mine)-http://www.crutchfield.com/p_042242MGBG/Pro-Fit-Universal-Mount-Device-Holder-Package.html?tp=8786

To the OP - your not going to find a unit that maps roads at a certain mph. I'm in road maintenance and use mapping and GPS all day/ everyday in the summer. The software doesn't know what the speed limits are on varying roads. All they know is what type of road it is (highway, secondary, etc.). From there, they route according to average speed preferences set up (by you) for the different types of roads. hope that made sense.
hos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 07:35 AM   #29
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DealMaker8378 View Post
Here's another version from Alltrax....prolly a lot more than $4 bucks. More bells and whistles. And you'll note a new term......STOV.

"I'm planning on driving my STOV to the pond today"!

http://www.alltraxinc.com/Products_Speedometers.html
STOV yep, that's what we need, more acronyms for the golf carts.
THat thing's just a glorified bike speedometer, the one I have does alot of useless things too, it even counts the calories burned while you ride around drinking beer..... I mean it's good I have alway been surprised (speed wise) at how accurate it is though
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:42 AM   #30
DealMaker8378
Getting Wild

I could use that.........will it check my BP and let me know if I "blow" higher than a .08?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruredy View Post
it even counts the calories burned while you ride around drinking beer.....
DealMaker8378 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nev gps mph speed limit
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay