lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-20-2008, 09:18 PM   #1
westexhunt
Not Yet Wild

Default 2000 TXT trouble shooting chart says my controller is bad, any help?

First post, I have been reading on here for a couple weeks, and have not answered my questions yet, so thank you for a good forum and I hope someone can help. I have a 99 and a 2000 TXT both with 4" lifts and 22" tires, otherwise stock. I was loading the 2000 on a trailer the other day it just quit. I checked the cables first and the + to the controller was loose. I put on some new cables and checked the voltage as per the EZ-GO service manual (I had just finished charging and it was showing 38 volts). I followed the service manual to the part where it described how to test the B+ and A- (could be wrong I am going off of memory) and it only showed a .02 drop in voltage when I mashed the throttle pedal down. The next step in the manual said that I need to replace the controller. So, is there another test to make sure the controller is bad (the 99 is on another place an hour away so I cannot switch controllers to verify), and what is my best choice for a replacement controller (would like to upgrade if it is feasible). Thanks again.
westexhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2008, 09:35 AM   #2
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: 2000 TXT trouble shooting chart says my controller is bad, any help?

I can tell you that www.cartszone.com has some of the best deals on upgraded replacement cotrollers that i've seen. They can help you sort out this problem and forum members get a discount on there 1st order since they are a sponsor here. anyway it can't hurt to give them a call.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:47 PM   #3
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

Default Re: 2000 TXT trouble shooting chart says my controller is bad, any help?

It isn't always reliable, but smell the case you took off the controller, it should have a burnt smell if its bad..

Alltrax is a good upgrade controller
phasetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO