lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2011, 05:53 PM   #1
d10shun
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Oil in Air Filter Box

I had about 1" of oil just below the carb area where my finger is. I checked the ezgo manual and it said nothing about oil being here. I cleaned out the oil with a rag. Is there supposed to be oil here? THis is my first cart.

I have been noticing an oil slick under the cart ever since I topped of the oil and I am thinking this is where it was coming from.
Thanks!
Ben

d10shun is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2011, 06:40 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Oil in Air Filter Box

As the rings wear compression blows by into the crankcase with each stroke of the motor. This creates excessive crankcase pressure and leads to oil being pushed up the breather hose, which enters the airbox behind where your finger is. There is no cure except renewed compression. We have had some luck with a plastic srcub pad material pushed into the breather tube at the carb end... Not so much as to stop air from passing (you need that) but enough to stop the oil from blowin in SO MUCH. Hope this helps.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:25 PM   #3
rusty shackel
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

do you have a lift on it ?
did you add to much oil? dealer said after i put lift on run oil just to add mark .4" lift any more is too much and wil creat blow by .

rusty s
rusty shackel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:13 PM   #4
d10shun
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yep, forgot to mention that and I don't have a sig yet. It is up 8-9" or so.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:18 PM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Im thinking you have too much oil in there. If I remember correctly, after a full drain, should be 1.5 qts and remark the stick. Anyone confirm ?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:29 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If the motor is tilted to the rear and the breather tube is in the front how does this become the reason oil is in the breather tube? How much less than stock oil requirements are you recommending he run in his stock slanted engine?

How about a compression check?
Old 04-23-2011, 10:37 PM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
If the motor is tilted to the rear and the breather tube is in the front how does this become the reason oil is in the breather tube? How much less than stock oil requirements are you recommending he run in his stock slanted engine?

How about a compression check?
Compression check is a good idea but my point is, if there is too much oil the crank can hit it and cause it to foam up and get into the air in the crankcase that comes out the breather tube in the air box. My buds 98 cart did it when he first got it and it had too much oil in it. We drained it, put in the correct amount and the oil problem went away.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:45 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Compression check is a good idea but my point is, if there is too much oil the crank can hit it and cause it to foam up and get into the air in the crankcase that comes out the breather tube in the air box. My buds 98 cart did it when he first got it and it had too much oil in it. We drained it, put in the correct amount and the oil problem went away.
Yeah but I would not want to see him running on 1 qt either if the motor is tilted that much he needs to drop the front cradle mount to level up the motor some.... The pump pick up is in the front too
Old 04-23-2011, 10:53 PM   #9
d10shun
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Yeah but I would not want to see him running on 1 qt either if the motor is tilted that much he needs to drop the front cradle mount to level up the motor some.... The pump pick up is in the front too
She seems to be finding her own oil level since I am cleaning up puddles on my garage floor. How do I drop the front cradle mount? Does this affect the lift?
Old 04-23-2011, 11:01 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It could. I see you have a Strech LT in front ... what is in the rear?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO