lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-09-2008, 03:02 PM   #1
adiexp
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Post Noisy 88 Gas Engine

Hi
I hope somebody out there can help me, I have noticed a strange knocking sound from my engine. It only seems to do it every fourth full crank rotation on the compression stroke. When I rock the crank back and forth when I hear the knocking it feels like backlash in gears. So thought is it anything to do with the valves, but with having no information on the internal workings of the engine I have no idea on how to look deeper into engine to investigate the niose. So has anybody had this sort of noise before and fixed it so that I could be pointed in the right area of the fault. Also does anybody have any info on how to take the engine to pieces, and if I need some parts to correct the fault were could I get them from. (But they need to shipped to the UK, had a problem with a few that don't ship to the UK) Any help, any info welcome.

Thanks Adie
adiexp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-10-2008, 02:40 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Noisy 88 Gas Engine

adie, 1st i would reccomend getting the service manual for the cart its gonna give you everything you need including valve adjustments the whole works complete engine teardown and rebuild with all specs and than if needed they do sell an engine rebuild kit for that year but i would start with the manual........have you checked your clutches and brackets that hold starter on?........mine was making a knock like that and it ended up being a cracked starter bracket with a bolt backing out and i was ready to tear into it for no reason at all...........good luck from this side of the pond ( the better side ) ................lolol............................. .........
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 05:03 PM   #3
adiexp
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Hi
Thanks for the info Tom, had a good look and could not see anything obvious so it looks like I'll have to take the motor to pieces. So my next question is, were is the best place to get a copy of a manual from that shows me how to take the engine to bits? As I'm at this side of the pond (very cold at the moment) it's hard to find anybody with info. So can anybody help me so that I can keep going during these horrible winter months, so that the buggy will be ready for spring.
adiexp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 06:51 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

try finding a C.C. dealer and if you can,t try some of the site sponsors they should be able to get you one over there, if not let me know i,ll be able to get you one..............................................8 )
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 10:06 AM   #5
kenr44
Not Yet Wild

http://www.buggiesunlimited.com/prod...CM%209899%20GE
kenr44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 10:43 AM   #6
oliver28472
Getting Wild

Try this site. Scroll down to the drop down box and pick out the proper manual. http://www.golfcarcatalog.com/catalo...Id=699&id=1712
oliver28472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 11:18 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenr44 View Post
kenr44, nice first post....a straight up link to BU. Well if you think that is all he needs then why on earth are you here?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 11:18 AM   #8
azboo
Super Moderator

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
kenr44, nice first post....a straight up link to BU. Well if you think that is all he needs then why on earth are you here?

You tell 'em Scotty...
azboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 11:31 AM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

We have our own sponsors here to support without whom this free speech forum would not exist. Here we can discuss anybody's product without censorship. That is what makes BGW unique.......If you have come here for help with your golf cart problem or project please support the Suppliers who make this forum possible.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/site-sponsors.php
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 11:47 AM   #10
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum kenr44...............

Courtesy Reminder:
we would prefer you not post any BU material or links on this forum as we have numerous site sponsors.

We have all been there & done that and that is why the Buggies Gone Wild has come about.

No harm done, just have a great time as the rest of us do.
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car