lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2015, 01:29 PM   #1
lspencer001
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default good batteries but dead cart.

hello. I have a Yamaha g19e golf cart. it ran fine a few weeks ago when we were camping, ran it every day for a week while camping and all was good. ever since we've been home its been nothing but trouble. it all started right after we got home. drove it off trailer and parked in garage. went out to use it and as soon as you turn the key on and press the pedal you here the motor engage but only for a few seconds and it won't move. we thought it was the in line fuse and have replaced it a dozen times, even though the fuses are not blown, and same thing. I have noticed that when you go from "tow" mode to "run" mode the click from the solenoid is not as loud. always before it was a loud click and now you can barely hear it. Iv'e cleaned all the battery terminals and the battery's are only 2 yrs old. only way for the motor to engage for those few seconds is to take old fuse out, put in tow mode, replace fuse, put in run mode then press pedal. if you do all that the motor will engage for a few seconds. please help.
lspencer001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-01-2015, 03:29 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: good batteries but dead cart.

Sounds like maybe the solenoid has failed if the click isn't normal.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 04:46 PM   #3
lspencer001
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

thats what I was thinking but wasn't for sure. is it hard to replace one.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:02 AM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

No it's not hard. You can verify by jumping the two big connections and see if the cart runs before replacing it. Just be very careful!
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 08:10 AM   #5
crash test dummy

Old 08-02-2015, 02:57 PM   #6
lspencer001
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

ok thanks. don't think i'd be able to get anything in the small space to jump with since there is very little room between the batteries and the solenoid. think ill play it safe and just order a new one and see if that helps. only way I can think of to test would be to remove a battery so I could have more space to jump with.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha