lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-09-2015, 03:25 PM   #1
mhebert4224
Not Yet Wild

Default Need help with a G29. Dead

Cart was running fine. I installed a winch today and got everything tightened and ready. I finished by attached pos terminal to main battery pack followed by flipping to run. Everything came on. I hit the remote for the winch to release the cable and go out. Instead it was reversed so I turned the power off and pulled the cable out a bit so I could roll it back in. At this point I had no power to the key or winch. I disconnected the winch and still no power to the key. I have power at batteries then working backwards I have power at solenoid but no power on the side of the solenoid by the controller. What else can I check since the power stops at solenoid? What does the 2 small wires connect to from the solenoid.
I have a Alltrax 500 xvt controller and DD motor. Plowmans
I havent had problems until I hooked the winch up.
mhebert4224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-09-2015, 03:51 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Need help with a G29. Dead

Where did you connect every wire from winch, how many wires were there?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 04:05 PM   #3
mhebert4224
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Where did you connect every wire from winch, how many wires were there?
from contactor I followed instructions pos and neg to winch and pos and neg to seperate 8v batteries. I connected to the same batteries my lights are running off. Then connected the green and black wires on contactor to rocker switch and ignition for power along with a ground wire from switch. I have hooked several winches up to atv and utv but never a cart.
What does the 2 little wires go to from the solenoid? Should I have power on both sides of solenoid with key on and in run postion? Seems like thats where Im I've lost power.
Winch is completely unhooked for now while trouble shooting.
Old 08-09-2015, 04:55 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I am not sure about the wiring of the winch, no idea what model ect it is, so i am going to focus on getting the cart running again. What year is your cart? Was it equipped with lights from the factory? There is one or more fuses in the cart wiring harness. One is under the rear access cover. The others are usually in the harness on one of the uprights that the rain tubes run down.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 05:21 PM   #5
mhebert4224
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
I am not sure about the wiring of the winch, no idea what model ect it is, so i am going to focus on getting the cart running again. What year is your cart? Was it equipped with lights from the factory? There is one or more fuses in the cart wiring harness. One is under the rear access cover. The others are usually in the harness on one of the uprights that the rain tubes run down.
I think a 2012. I bought it from a dealer. Refurbished cart added lift, tires, etc. The dealer added headlights and tail lights which work when I pull the switch. They are not hooked to the key switch. As of now the key and my voltage meter which is hooked to the key does not come on.
Does the key wiring have a fuse in between solenoid and key? I have the old stock solenoid that I took off when I did the controller/motor upgrade.
Old 08-09-2015, 05:35 PM   #6
mhebert4224
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Another note. I put the cart on run with key on and pushing pedle in forward. I checked voltage on small terminals on solenoid. No reading
Old 08-09-2015, 07:05 PM   #7
mhebert4224
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Rain tube fuse was blown. Swapped it for a new one and good to go. Now I need to figure out why my winch blew a fuse.
Winch is a Vipor 2500 elite.

Thanks for the reply cgtech. I appreciate all the help you give to us newbies.
Old 08-10-2015, 10:26 AM   #8
mhebert4224
Not Yet Wild

Since my winch is blowing my 3amp fuse when connected to the key. What should I do? Use a 15amp fuse or connect to battery with a kill switch and fuse?
Old 08-10-2015, 01:09 PM   #9
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Your winch needs WAY more then 3 amps! What voltage winch is it and how did you hook it up? It can't run off a 12V reducer either.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 02:04 PM   #10
mhebert4224
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
Your winch needs WAY more then 3 amps! What voltage winch is it and how did you hook it up? It can't run off a 12V reducer either.
Im running off of 2 8v batteries. I called Motoalliance(Viper winch) and the tech told me I need to connect the remote pos to the battery. I guess I need to add a fuse in line.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha