lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-14-2015, 03:10 PM   #1
Cybewinder
Not Yet Wild

Post Increasing speed G22E

Good day everyone! I am need to this forum and also new to the world of golf carts. We just bought our golf cart and I thought it would be fun to start playing around with it and this seems to be the right place to be when I do

My first order of business is making this 2005 Yamaha G22E a little faster. I don't have to race in it, but at this time it is so painfully slow, that something needs to be done. Based on the information I got from other posts, you will need some info on the motor and controller, so I took some pics. What do I need to do to get this cart up to around 20MPH?

Also, while we are at it...the controller is hidden behind a service cover. How do you remove this? I removed the two pins at the bottom, but could not find a way to get the top part to come loose. Is there a trick to this?

Thanks and I will keep you posted of my progress and many newbie questions
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0593.JPG (129.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0586.JPG (103.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0583.JPG (129.6 KB, 0 views)
Cybewinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-15-2015, 12:47 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Increasing speed G22E

The cover- just pull harder, theres clips. The speed, you may be able to get a "PTV speed code" from yamaha dealer for 19mph(they will need the cart SN and the SN from your moric motor controller, doesnt work with GE controller). An even better option is a Alltrax XCT400, it will get about 24mph, and much improved torque.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 06:54 PM   #3
Bballtwenty2
Gone Wild
Yamaha

-I was going to go with the speed code, but reading this forum I chose to spend a little extra and get the altrax xct 300 controller. You will truly be amazed at how much it transforms your cart. I called don at plowmans carts and he instructed me to get the 300 model since I don't plan on lifting my cart and I only do neighborhood driving. Very rarely do I even floor it. I top out at 24mph, and fly up hills.
Bballtwenty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 05:23 PM   #4
Cybewinder
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for the reply and advice cgtech...! Is this new controller just something you buy and it's more or less plug and play? Or do I need to make any other alterations to keep it safe?
Old 08-16-2015, 05:57 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

If you get the XCT300 amp model designed for G22, its plug & play. If you get the XCT400 amp, all the 6 gauge battery & motor cables should be upgraded to 4 gauge. If you order from scottyb www.cartsunlimited.net, he can help to program it to any speed desired (well, 24mph and below). He can also be sure you get the bracket that allows the controller to bolt into the stock location. This is about as "plug & play" as a controller change gets. You would need to replace the yellow ends on the small "F" wires to "ring terminals" its very easy.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 07:04 PM   #6
Cybewinder
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, I've sent him a message right away
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha