lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-19-2015, 09:00 PM   #1
GTDanny
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha 48v wont move, help

I have a Yamaha 48 volt that wont move. I don't know the year. I have new batteries and my charger seems to be charging them, the light on the dash shows full. I just replace the solenoid today and still nothing. When I move the tow toggle switch from tow to run the solenoid clicks, make a slight biz/hum the click again off. Something is causing the solenoid to shut off I assuming. When I press the gas pedal after the 1st click the motor make a slight hum them stops after the solenoid clicks off. I've to isolate the problem by disconnecting the harness to the gas pedal still the same thing. I've disconnected each of the 4 wires on the motor still the same thing. The only thing I haven't done is mess with that grey control box next to the solenoid. does any of this make any sense to anyone out there. I can't be the only one ever that has this problem.
GTDanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-20-2015, 09:36 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha 48v wont move, help

What year cart? What controller model? The tow/run switch solenoid click on then off is normal, and a good sign for the controller. Do a Ohm test on motor. Disconnect battery cable to remove power. Remove 4 wires from motor (tape wrap the ends so they cant touch anything or each other). Measure ohms between both "A" terminals, both "F" terminals, and between an A and a F terminal. Post results.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 11:23 AM   #3
GTDanny
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
What year cart? What controller model? The tow/run switch solenoid click on then off is normal, and a good sign for the controller. Do a Ohm test on motor. Disconnect battery cable to remove power. Remove 4 wires from motor (tape wrap the ends so they cant touch anything or each other). Measure ohms between both "A" terminals, both "F" terminals, and between an A and a F terminal. Post results.
Sorry it took so long to get this info...

Its a 2006 G22 Yamaha electric
the controller model is. JU2-H6510-23
at the motor I have...

00.3 ohm on both A
01.4 ohm on both F
0 / open between A & F posts

I have 49volts across the solenoid into the controller

Any more ideas? Thank you!. Danny
Old 08-22-2015, 03:00 PM   #4
cgtech

Yamaha

What tests have you done to the throttle sensor? With everything connected (including motor tach sensor), if you roll the vehicle, does the vehicle resist movement and reverse beeper sound (its connected)?
Old 08-22-2015, 04:26 PM   #5
GTDanny
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
What tests have you done to the throttle sensor? With everything connected (including motor tach sensor), if you roll the vehicle, does the vehicle resist movement and reverse beeper sound (its connected)?
Not much. What should I do?

All my batteries stay at 8.2 volts while pressing the throttle. and sometimes I can hear a slight screech when I press the pedal and it slightly tries to move then the solenoid pops then its done.

It rolls pretty freely. I can push it forwards and backwards pretty easily. There is no reverse buzzer that I know of. I've never heard one before. Would a reverse buzzer have an affect on anything? Where is it located on the cart?

What about the forward/reverse switch? How would I check that?
Thanks again for your help! Danny
Old 08-22-2015, 08:15 PM   #6
cgtech

Yamaha

Throttle sensor is under cart behind gas pedal, should read 0-5k ohms increasing as pedal is pressed. Direction selector only has 3 wires, one is common, while other two connect to common depending on what position switch is in, test it with ohm test. Reverse beeper is under front nose, and will beep if cart is trying to prevent itself from rolling away (simulated by you pushing it, it trying to stop you, and beeping at you). I ask everyone about the reverse beeper because it is powered by the logic board in the controller, and often wont work if controller is bad, and because it can be activated in more than one way to help with testing.
Old 08-22-2015, 08:19 PM   #7
cgtech

Yamaha

Enjoy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150822_182834.jpg (191.4 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha