lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-13-2016, 12:03 PM   #1
beerstache
Not Yet Wild

Default Heavy duty rear Springs

I have a g29 that needs heavy duty rear Springs to support rear seat. I was wondering if anyone knew of a alternative to the $99 that Jake's sells? Seems like if I knew the diameter and length I could just order a generic spring that would accomplish the same thing for cheaper. Maybe I'm being cheap but it adds up.

Sent from Galaxy S6 Edge
beerstache is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-14-2016, 07:29 AM   #2
k_aimone
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Heavy duty rear Springs

I was thinking the same thing. I have an industrial spring place near me that custom makes everything family cheap and I ewas going to check them out.
k_aimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 11:25 AM   #3
beerstache
Not Yet Wild

k, did you ever check with your local spring place? would be interested in hearing what you learned.
beerstache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 08:53 AM   #4
QB100
Gone Wild

Yamaha

when I did my g29 I investigated springs at McMaster car... there were a couple options but didn't feel like buying them to test out... so I just put the jakes springs on.. seems they were about 1/2 the cost of the jakes springs....
QB100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 01:09 AM   #5
JPRITCH
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

You've probably noticed that the "heavy duty rear springs" are like $80 a piece. Kind of pricey to say the least. Anyhow, I have a homemade lift on my g-19 that coverts to about a 4" lift. I ended up using the rear shocks off a side by side since yamahas convieniently have coil over to do the heavy lifting. What I did was get the measurement from the bolt hole on your axel to your top shock bolt hole (mine was like 17.5" since I'm lifted). I added an inch to account for the initial load squat and then I hopped on Google/eBay. I search for used ATV and side by side shocks and I finally came across some that worked of a Honda Pioneer. $60 later, I have a stiffer rear end for under half what you pay for the "heavy duty" golf cart shocks. I did have to make a bracket to shift the shock over to give me clearance around my motor, but all in all, well worth it. This picture shows it with about 700 pounds of sod on it and it still had room to squat more.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (22.4 KB, 0 views)
JPRITCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha