lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-06-2016, 01:36 PM   #1
goldedrive08
Not Yet Wild

Default Another charging question... '08 G29

Hey guys. I have been searching the boards and have seen a couple of posts regarding charging issues for the G29.. Mine is a 2008 model. When I plug in the charger (Moric) the red light is on indicating power to the charger. When I plug it into the cart, all lights light up and then it clicks and the bottom green light (completed) illuminates and stays on.

The batteries will probably need to be changed next year or the year after - currently have 4 12v Trojans. I am not sure if it is a bad connection at the charging port, or the charger itself. I am not very mechanically inclined so am hoping I can figure something out with it.

From what I have read, I should open the charger and see if anything looks amiss. I should also try someone else's charger and see if it charges with that. Can I use one from a different cart company? I have one of 3 Yamahas in my trailer park and the other two are gas. I know if the charger is bad, I should get a DPI replacement instead.

Is there a tutorial or anything where I can figure out how to check the correct voltages? My father in law is an electrician so I am hoping he can assist as well.

Thanks in advance guys for any help. I am storing for winter soon and would like to fully charge the batteries before disconnecting them.

Pete
goldedrive08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha