lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-16-2009, 09:43 PM   #1
stinks
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default diff protection

92 cc gasser. where can i find a diff skid plate? Hit some rocks the other day and when i got home i dripped a bit of diff oil. Luckely no real damage just some scratches and a loose bolt but i don't won't to risk being the guy with jb all over my diff. Does anyone sell these or should i just fab my own? Need it to be very impact resistant for there are alot of rocks in tn. Heres a pic of my project. 8" a arm lift that i fabricated a bit to make the front true independent by adding coil overs. much better ride. I have 23" swamp fox tires on 12" aluminum rims. I do have a jet kit and k&n filter along with an incorrectly installed timing advanced key(till tommorrow i got some help on that here). front, rear, and dome lighting (love night riding). both clutches have been machined drive clutch has power spring. i have not needed to add rear spring yet the driven clutch is wound on the 3rd holes and cart climbs great. All the guys on the trails can't believe how i get around out there and its great to be smewhat quiet cause we often see many horseback riders as well. i have not yet messed with the governer and probably won't. I do have the ground unhooked on rpm limiter( taking it easy for know) i have topped out at 26.7mph on the road to the trails. I am also looking into getting one of those hp2007 dayco high performance belts. They say they replace stock 1016203 so its worth a try.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SN850309.jpg (60.3 KB, 20 views)
stinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-16-2009, 09:44 PM   #2
stinks
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: diff protection

oh yea and the rear seat to a 99 beetle works great for cumfort and style.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:52 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Welcome Stink Cart looks great.....I had similar needs on my 89 CC DS I shortened an ezgo skid plate ....works great.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0851.jpg (75.0 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0854.jpg (61.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0856.jpg (54.1 KB, 14 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:11 PM   #4
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Nice (muddy) cart!

scotty's fab was a great idea!

My cart came with one from the factory...
the differential bolt pattern on the "newer" cart skid plates, may, or may not work with yours...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lynx Lift and supention 011.jpg (98.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Lynx Lift and supention 009.jpg (71.1 KB, 14 views)
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:03 AM   #5
stinks
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Yea it usually stays muddy this time of year. Probably paint it this spring. I do need some pointers on spraying the body. I'v'e heard a lot of different opinions on what type of paint to use but i'm still not sure. What type of prep work needs to be done. I need something durable. Also can the roof be painted effectively.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car