lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-22-2009, 05:37 PM   #1
Bill Krinek
Not Yet Wild

Default Need help

I am confused, I have a 97 gas club car which runs great while it is cold. When it get hot and I stop all it does if backfire. I disconnected the brown wire on the limiter and still does the same thing. Do I have a coil or a igniter or both and what do I have to do change them, any special tool? NEED HELP . Bill
Bill Krinek is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-23-2009, 11:18 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need help

Why are you starting a second thread on the same question? Did you try the test I asked you to try?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:50 PM   #3
Bill Krinek
Not Yet Wild

Yes I tryed all of them. Getting a new coil in the morning. New on this form sorry did not see the page button. Do you know what the clearance is on the coil to the flywheel is? Thanks for the help, will let you know if the coil works. Bill
Old 03-23-2009, 05:00 PM   #4
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Hey Bill, .012 or the thickness if a cover on a book of matches. Install the coil and just tighten the screws while holding a wide gap. Rotate the magnet part of the flywheel under the coil and slide match book or feeler gage under each leg, loosen screws and let magnet draw coil to it, retighten and rotate the flywheel to remove gage and reassemble.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 05:11 PM   #5
Bill Krinek
Not Yet Wild

Hi, installed the new coil and igniter wich is build into the coil, it runs fine so I would like to thank all of you for the help.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:40 PM   #6
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Glad to hear it worked out Bill, How was the install for you, easy, OK, hard?
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car