lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-12-2009, 06:54 PM   #1
1billlthecat
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy G2 motor in a G14

I have a G2 motor in a G14 cart and I'm trying to get everything working together. I have put in a new plug, G14 plug cap, G14 Ignitor unit, G14 Ignition coil, and a G2 Pulser coil (I found out the engine didn't match the cart part way through). Timing appears to be approx. 8-10 degrees after TDC. It will idle as the ignitor unit retards the idle timing but as soon as I give it throttle it runs rough and backfires to beat all hell. Any clues as to where to go from here without spending a fortune?
1billlthecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-12-2009, 08:06 PM   #2
cart de golf
Gone Wild

Default Re: G2 motor in a G14

you can get an advance timing key from plowmans it would give you 5 degrees you can probably get at least 3 more by moving the pick up over using a dremel on the holes of the bracket

But you can probably find al used parts needed for cheap here
cart de golf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 12:44 PM   #3
milehighbj
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I have a G9 in G14 and was able to get it to run by just using a G9 ignitor and wiring harness....dunno if this would work for a G2 as well...
milehighbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 01:09 PM   #4
Billlthecat
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Cool Re: G2 motor in a G14

The ignitor is one of the most expensive parts so I was hoping to avoid having to buy a G2 box for about $200. Also, the way I understand the TDI for a G2 does not allow bypassing of the throttle switches for continous idle. I was hoping that somehow the G14 box I have could be made to work. Anyone got any ideas???
Billlthecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 06:34 PM   #5
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Billthecat, did you get a chance to read my post? On your G14 engine swap, did you use the pulsar coil/rotor and coil off the G2? You cant use the G14 pulsar coil and rotor with the G2 wireharness and TCI. Someone turned the post into a sticky. Hope this helps fix your problem. If you need to you can PM me. Later Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:09 PM   #6
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
Billthecat, did you get a chance to read my post? On your G14 engine swap, did you use the pulsar coil/rotor and coil off the G2? You cant use the G14 pulsar coil and rotor with the G2 wireharness and TCI. Someone turned the post into a sticky. Hope this helps fix your problem. If you need to you can PM me. Later Dave
I did!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:24 PM   #7
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
I did!
I thought so! Quit doing that, members may start to think I know what I'm talking about
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:43 PM   #8
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
I thought so! Quit doing that, members may start to think I know what I'm talking about
LOL!!! You da man Dave!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:11 PM   #9
Billlthecat
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

In digging into the carb I found the main jet to be a 103.8 and the pilot jet to be a 72.2 so I think I'm WAY over fueling it. I am not positive whether this Mikuni carb is the stock carb or even if it is for a G2 or G14. Does anyone out there know what the stock jetting is and/or what jetting I should have for a K & N type air filter?
Billlthecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha