lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-15-2010, 09:16 PM   #1
Pipsta
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Transaxle issue

Last weekend at the very end of a 6 hour-ish period of driving my cart continually I had an issue start to pop up and not sure what could cause this. When I would shift out of neutral into both forward or reverse the cart would start to lurch into gear. The idle seems fine, since this is a keystart and continues to 'run' even when not pressing the go pedal. I have the idle screw adjusted to the point where the engine just stops tapping and idles like a car would but not too fast that it effects me putting it into gear while running or pulls the cart when stopped. All night it was working just fine. It just suddenly started doing this.

Once I get it into gear with this issue and I'm driving around, when I come to a stop, take my foot off the brake and am sitting there 'idling' the trans doesn't pull the cart. Is this a cable adjustment thing? Which way do I turn the threaded end part to adjust it the correct way? What about just changing the fluids, would exhausted fluids allow this to happen?

I just have no experience or knowledge of this part and don't know what could cause this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Pipsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-16-2010, 12:01 PM   #2
Pipsta
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Transaxle issue

Usually this forum is good at getting some ideas on where to start tackling a problem. I tried some searches and didn't come up with anything solid to guide me. Unfortunately there isn't alot for me to fiddle with on the outside of these things. It's all on the inside and I'm not cracking this open with no idea what's on and even less knowledge of the part.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:47 PM   #3
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Check that the drive clutch is opening all the way and not dragging slightly.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 05:57 AM   #4
Pipsta
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOmsman View Post
Check that the drive clutch is opening all the way and not dragging slightly.
How would I check that? Do I need someone driving while I look at the clutch? Since mine is an 8pass they are under two different seats. What would be the issue with that? Clutch maladjusted or starting to go bad?
Old 06-18-2010, 08:38 AM   #5
papaw
Gone Wild

Club Car

Couldn't you just put it in maintance mode and operate throttle by hand and watch the clutch?
papaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 10:17 AM   #6
crash12888
Gone Crazy

6 hours of continous work might have gotten the belt hot and sticky, did the issue clear up the next morning or do you have an extra belt to try?
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 04:05 PM   #7
Pipsta
Getting Wild

Club Car

Yea, it's happening hot, cold, always. It seemed a little better last night but it still is doing it. In fact, when it started last weekend it happened right before I pulled in for the night and being done for the weekend I didn't really get a chance to investigate it until I went back to get the cart ready for the weekend. I did notice that it is in fact pulling a bit on the cart when I;m at a stop and the cart is still in gear. It still is a touch tough getting it into gear from neutral. I'm gonna change the fluids in the axle and hope this remedies it.

Unfortunately at some point during my electrical issues a month or so ago my 'service mode' went inoperative. All the wires are hooked up right per the wiring diagram and the microswitches are fine. It's very weird I haven't been able to figure out what happened. Will the clutch engaement work in neutral? I can look at it that way if it will.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:22 AM   #8
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipsta View Post
Yea, it's happening hot, cold, always. It seemed a little better last night but it still is doing it. In fact, when it started last weekend it happened right before I pulled in for the night and being done for the weekend I didn't really get a chance to investigate it until I went back to get the cart ready for the weekend. I did notice that it is in fact pulling a bit on the cart when I;m at a stop and the cart is still in gear. It still is a touch tough getting it into gear from neutral. I'm gonna change the fluids in the axle and hope this remedies it.

Unfortunately at some point during my electrical issues a month or so ago my 'service mode' went inoperative. All the wires are hooked up right per the wiring diagram and the microswitches are fine. It's very weird I haven't been able to figure out what happened. Will the clutch engaement work in neutral? I can look at it that way if it will.

This tells me:
1) your drive clutch is not opening 100% at idle and releasing the belt
2) your idle is adjusted a little to high partially engaging the drive clutch

It is an issue with your drive clutch not gear oils......
The slightest load from the belt and the transmission will bind and be hard to shift.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car