lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2014, 10:32 PM   #21
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: DPI 48 volt charger shutting off too soon?

Here in the desert, electrolytes above 110 are pretty common when charging. I have heard several theories, often in conflict with each other. I would consider the ambient temps you are in, how hot are you where you are charging/operating the vehicle. If your ambient temps are 80 or below, 120 degree electrolyte is too high, cooler on charge temps are generally prefered. Its been in the 90s here (except for our "desert remodeling" today).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-09-2014, 06:22 AM   #22
tomtt2
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: DPI 48 volt charger shutting off too soon?

Thank CGTech

Down here in the south coast, it's been in the mid-ninetys most days. Yesterday, it rained a lot and the tempes were in the high eighties. That was when I saw the electrolyte temperature up around 120. During other recharge cycles with Mode 1, the temp only hit about 105~110 so I was surprised to see 120 on a relatively cool day. I'm wondering if mode 1 is too aggressive for the Crown batteries.

I'll keep monitoring temps. If you have any ideas, please pass them along,
tomtt2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery charger, charging problem, under charging
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha