lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2017, 08:22 PM   #1
Maineg1guy
Not Yet Wild

Default Newbie g1 owner questions

So I have combed all over and haven't seen these questions in here yet. Sorry if duplicate. A buddy gave me a beat up g1 that I have been restoring for fun. What I need to know is the following:
1.Where the heck does that stub off the middle of the exhaust header go to? I am thinking it's a vacuum line to the carburetor?
2. The vent off the rear diff. Has a vent line but nothing capping it. Ok?
3. The oil injection tank has a line running to the rear diff. Wtf is that?
4. I want to get rid of oil injection. What is the easiest way to do that?
5. Carburetor appears to have a random vent line off it going nowhere. Is that ok? Fat hose off the side?

So I should mention it is going pretty good after new crank seals, brushes in the generator, fuel filter, air filter, spark plug. Planning on all new belts next. Bought a new shang dao carb for 20 bucks and will install.
Maineg1guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-02-2017, 10:19 AM   #2
makobuggie
Gone Wild

Default Re: Newbie g1 owner questions

A g1s great, i have 2 g1s and just cap the oil inject off, and just mix it up, and when you install seals it will run like new and a carb, good luck, there great.
makobuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 01:28 PM   #3
Lochlin
Gone Wild

That stub in the middle of the exhaust header is probably the vacuum line for the oil injector. There should be two of them there, both vacuum lines, one for the oil pump and the other for the fuel pump. Check the line that's on the other nipple on the same header. If it's going to the fuel pump (and I bet it is) then the other one was intended for the oil pump. Assuming that's all the case then it's likely that someone already disconnected the oil pump. That stub should be capped, though, to maintain proper vacuum in the crank case.

The oil injection line and vent on the diff? Something isn't right there. I don't recall having those and there is no mention of that stuff in the manual that can be found here:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/garag...ir-manual.html

Not sure what's going on there but it almost seems like someone may have Mickey Moused your auto oiler to go the the differential. Is that leaking anywhere back there? It could be that the oil line is going to the diff and the vent is off so that it doesn't overflow.

The line coming from the carb is just the overflow vent. It's fine. The hose just points to the ground so no water gets in it.

My G1 had a Kung Pao carb on it when I got it. It was new, installed by the guy I got the cart from, but it no workie right. I took off the Kung Pao and replaced it with a Mao Duk and that one worked for me. Don't be surprised if your Shang Dao doesn't work quite right and you have to give it another go.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 04:44 PM   #4
Maineg1guy
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the tips. The service manual helped big time! Stub off header was vacuum for oil injection. New carb about to go on. Oil injection coming off. Getting closer by the minute.
Maineg1guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha