lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-18-2018, 10:58 PM   #1
oonighttrain
Not Yet Wild

Default apparently i need a controller and solenoids.

after putting in a new pot box that didnt fix my 99 par car i took it to a cart repair place, they are telling me that the controller and solenoids are fried.. anyone know of a place to find them reasonably? thanks!
oonighttrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-02-2019, 08:20 AM   #2
karly
Getting Wild

Default Re: apparently i need a controller and solenoids.

solenoid is easy to check and probably not bad unless you just happen to have an extra $120,,you want to spend on a maybe,, controller could be bad but don,t take one persons say so, don,t know where to ask or take it if in fl, don,t bother with so called factory will be insanely expensive and have same prob, and an excuse when you leave,,, but they talk to you very nice,, tech fellow on web site is very nice and tries to help as best he can good luck
karly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 10:11 AM   #3
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

The older controllers are often rebuildable at FSIP. Can you upload a photo of the one your have in the vehicle? Might show us a generic replacement possible.
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 03:59 PM   #4
scottatbhm
Not Yet Wild

Default Tech Support

I have an opportunity to buy a used 4 door Summit, I think it's about ten years old and the seller says it has a bad solenoid. I've read enough to realize it might also be the brushes or controller. My question is how would you assess the quality and reliability of this model. Thanks!
scottatbhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 08:37 AM   #5
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

The summit was a handy option for commercial applications where they needed more than just a golf cart but not a truck. I'm guessing that it has a 4 flash code which often means contactor, stuck brushes or controller.

The stuck brushes happens a lot if vehicle has been sitting. Easy to troubleshoot that part and that's free, no part swapping needed.

The contactor would be next and can also be tested. Apply 24 volts across the coil and the posts should then have continuity across them. The could should be at about 252 ohm, as it's a 24 volt coil.

If those test okay, then you are probably headed to a controller. New around $1000 but can also find uses ones out there for half that. They're programmable so as long as it's the 6 post Sevcon, it would be useable once programmed.

Downside of the vehicle is that it's heavy, and can be difficult to work on electrically with the fuses for example being scattered throughout the harness. For someone who works on Columbia or ParCar a lot, easy to do though.

There has only been one recall on the vehicle, and that was related to a steering yoke issue found in 2011.

If I were personally selling a used one, and the batteries weren't real good, I wouldn't ask more than $1000 for it, but just an opinion...
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 07:25 AM   #6
karly
Getting Wild

check cart dealers in your area sometimes they have parts carts around, tech fellow on this site can help with a used one, also has a web store its kind of confusing as no one answers email and no phones but prices are ok.. be sure you need a controller usually thats the first thing some repair shops tell you to protect themselves when not sure what the problem really is,,,, on the store (should say the part i bought price was ok)
karly is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar