lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2019, 07:49 PM   #11
wayne1776
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Fe290 carb jet kit

Glad to hear that. I'll be camping for the 4th, so I will be hitting the hills.
wayne1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-24-2021, 11:26 AM   #12
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne1776 View Post
Got the jet and high volume fuel pump installed. I got 1mph extra, waaaay smoother take off, and the engine seems to be running at a lower rpm even at the highest speed I got up to, which was 29.5mph.
not to dig up an old thread, but does anyone know how much this might cost to do? clutch / springs, etc? 29mph is insanity, my stock cart with a new HD belt seems to be topping out at like 16/17 and id be more than happy to get 20-21 out of it just not sure where to start. I have 23" tires on it as well.
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 09:51 PM   #13
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

High speed gears is the only way. Don’t expect to maintain that kind of speed if you need to go up a hill though unless you’re also doing a big block swap.

Clutch machining doesn’t do anything for speed. Machining the secondary clutch gives a boost in torque when starting off.
Having new clutches that work properly and are not worn out will get you some extra speed, but not 16 to 30mph. The engine can only spin so fast, and once the clutches reach their highest effective ratio, faster overall speed only comes from faster gears.

The zip tie mod on the governor spring may get you another few mph. With 23” tires you should be able to hit 20-22mph without running up to the rev limiter. Only getting 16 sounds like the governor could stand to be adjusted. The zip tie is just a simpler way for some extra speed.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 08:03 AM   #14
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
High speed gears is the only way. Don’t expect to maintain that kind of speed if you need to go up a hill though unless you’re also doing a big block swap.

Clutch machining doesn’t do anything for speed. Machining the secondary clutch gives a boost in torque when starting off.
Having new clutches that work properly and are not worn out will get you some extra speed, but not 16 to 30mph. The engine can only spin so fast, and once the clutches reach their highest effective ratio, faster overall speed only comes from faster gears.

The zip tie mod on the governor spring may get you another few mph. With 23” tires you should be able to hit 20-22mph without running up to the rev limiter. Only getting 16 sounds like the governor could stand to be adjusted. The zip tie is just a simpler way for some extra speed.

I've been putting off the zip tie mod, I guess I just need to try it. This cart seems SLOW. My friend has an EZGO workhorse and it walks right away from my carryall on the road to the point its not even fun to ride along with him. Its pretty flat where I live so I am not very concerned about hills.

I am also trying to measure speed on my phone, perhaps its not the most accurate?
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2002 ds
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car