lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2011, 04:25 PM   #1
Deceptive
Not Yet Wild

Default KF82 Oil Splasher

Hi there

Recently I rebuilt a KF82 that had a broken oil splasher. The connecting rod was quite scored and i replaced it as well as the valves and did a good cleaning.
I had good compression and no scoring in the cylinder walls , so i thought things would be okay.

When i put it all back together, i tried to torque to spec on the connecting rod, but if i tightened it to spec, then it wouldn't even move. I rechecked the cam and it is in fine condition . So I loosened off spec and reassembled.

The damb oil splasher once again broke off and this time severed my oil sensor wire. I assume from what I see, i can just patch and seal cable with heatshrink.

The Connecting rod is quite scored again and i assume the loose debris gets between the rod and the cam and scores or builds up. The connecting rod was quite loose on one bolt as well . I can emery it back clean , or replace? thoughts .

Anyone who has rebuilt one of these before, can they answer about torquing down and if I do to spec the whole thing wont rotate at all.

Also I am debating on not replacing the splasher as I don't want to go to all this work and have to rebuild it once again after the thing snaps again.

I will again replace the connecting rod if it leans that way , but like I said any input would be appreciated and I will wait to reassemble until i hear some news.

Thanks
Chris
Deceptive is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2011, 06:00 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: KF82 Oil Splasher

all i can tell you is this....the last ones i rebuilt i never torqued anything to spec.......i went with my gut and have never had an issue the last one i tried to spec i ended up braking bolts............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:22 PM   #3
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

bump
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:39 AM   #4
Deceptive
Not Yet Wild

Bump again to see if anyone else has an opinion before i order parts
Deceptive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:41 AM   #5
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

i tightened my connecting rod cap bolts just untill i felt they were nice and snug. have had any problems yet! just curious to where your getting the oil splashers? my cart was disassembled when i got it and the oil spasher wasnt in there. i re assembled the motor and overfilled the crankcase until i was able to track one of them down took about 5 months...
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:46 AM   #6
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Bump to see if Deceptive got his motor up and running. Eh?
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 11:17 AM   #7
golfcartcare4456
Not Yet Wild

There's a reason why there are torque values for motors. The rod end cap MUST be torqued to spec AND the lock washer used. If you don't, the bolts will loosen over time and a scored rod and crankshaft will occur. When there is either a scored rod or crankshaft journal, the rod will seize when torqued to spec. This is the issue you are having. Overfilling the crankcase is not good. The oil slasher coats the inside of the motor completely, not just the cam lobes.
It's like running a motor without a oil pump.
golfcartcare4456 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
connecting rod, oil splasher, torque
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car