lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-19-2012, 10:03 PM   #1
turkeysandwich
Not Yet Wild

Question 1982 yamaha g1 gas solenoid help please

My solenoids went bad recently and I am going to replace them.. Had to buy new ones because they do not make the stock ones anymore the ones I got were
Solenoid 12v
Yamaha Gas 2 Cycle G1 '82-Up
#124 Series 12v 6 terminal solenoid with silver contacts

they say rodgers on them just generic 12v solenoids that were made for cart. Ive been reading and I know when changeing them I have to turn them around to where the o is showing...now the bad part the person who took these apart isnt coming back to fix it so its on me I have a f1,a1,a2 wire from the starter generator have a ground wire from battery and a ground that connect to the back buzzer my golden question is if turned around where do the wires go exactly any help would be great and if youve done this yourself please post some pics for me thanks alot
Attached Images
File Type: jpg solenoid.jpg (42.6 KB, 0 views)
turkeysandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2012, 08:41 AM   #2
Todd Dolfi
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 1982 yamaha g1 gas solenoid help please

This forum is Great someone will help. don't sweat it.
Todd Dolfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:09 AM   #3
nwarren9
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I have run into the same problem this last summer and had grate success.

Attached is a one line of wiring diagram for a G1

relays starter2.jpg

To convert old relays to the new one you have to make up some new jumpers.
This can be done very simply and cheap. Run a search for "yamaha G1 starter relay assembly" this will show you how to make your new jumpers.

Its no that hard !!!!
nwarren9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:20 PM   #4
turkeysandwich
Not Yet Wild

Ok so the f1 is the power coming from the generator and it plugs into the back inner prongs with the jumper attached to connect to the other solenoid. The ground is the same on the front side with the jumper connecting the inner two prongs. The a1 a2 wires are to give power to reverse and forward go on the front outter two prongs with jumpers to the back to complete the relay. then the yellow and blue wires are in top prongs and black in the bottom two for ground key wires I think, does that sound rite to you nwarren9 ...... fyi when i say front of solenoid i mean the side with 4 connectors and back means the side with 2 connectors thanks for all the help guys I was kinda freaking out
Old 10-22-2012, 05:39 PM   #5
nwarren9
Gone Wild

Yamaha

When I was trying to wire up my new relays I could not find a G1 wiring diagram that would show the wiring transition to the new relay's. The internal workings of relays and starter I did not get into. As for power in or out of the relays I am not a expert. But some one in this group might be willing to explain how it the starter and relays works. the best you can due is to flow the diagram and look at the pitchers on the assemble( the one I listed ).

One very important thing is to disconnect and remove the battery from the cart . You will need the room to confirm each cable correct location on the starter.

accomplishing this project is not hard just fussy. take it one cable at a time.

Have fun this is what life is all about "just smile"
Old 10-23-2012, 06:57 AM   #6
turkeysandwich
Not Yet Wild

yea ive got this going to try it today thanks once again for the life saveing diagram nwarren9 it will serve me nicely ill post a pic and tell you if it worked or not cant see how it wouldnt work but you never do know
Old 10-23-2012, 01:27 PM   #7
nwarren9
Gone Wild

Yamaha

this is how my relays look

DSCF0030.jpg

DSCF0031.jpg

DSCF0032.jpg

DSCF0033.jpg
Old 10-23-2012, 01:38 PM   #8
nwarren9
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Smile Re: 1982 yamaha g1 gas solenoid help please

This is how I maid my jumpers out of 3/8 soft copper. also a wiring drawing.

The wiring drawing is from one of the member of this group and by far the best job I have see. Wish I would have saved is name for credit.

photo(4).JPG

photo(5).JPG

photo(6).JPG

Wiring.jpg

photo(8).JPG
Old 10-24-2012, 07:47 AM   #9
turkeysandwich
Not Yet Wild

just wondering why the old jumpers wouldnt work they are the same size and fit and all. charging my battery today going to fire up after word unless those jumpers wont work for some reason but there is contact to them just wondering why you made new ones... thanks again for your help nwarren9 youve saved me a massive headache :)
Old 10-24-2012, 10:32 AM   #10
nwarren9
Gone Wild

Yamaha

My old relays were the old type square no jumpers. had to making up a new jumper the best I started looker for something that I had in my garage and came across some 3/8 cu. worked out perfidy for jumpers.

Tags
g1 solenoid
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha