lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-04-2013, 08:55 PM   #11
hello
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Plowmans New G16 Clutch Kit

What did u order I have g16

Thanks
hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-04-2013, 10:11 PM   #12
xobon
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

After talking to Don, I ordered the g16 performance kit. Its said time and again around here but from experience its true, call Don and he will help you figure out exactly what you need to get what you want out of your cart. My whole experience with Plowman's was really positive, I would highly recommend giving them a call.
xobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:34 PM   #13
hello
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Thanks for your replie I have done everything in that kit except for the air box I

bought everything from cpp and I also have a jet but not instaled it yet is that a k&n filter. Just wondering good u pm me the instructions for the air box mod.

Thanks
hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:05 PM   #14
xobon
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

SO I got all of the airbox mods complete, and the carb jets installed. Cart sounds like its running well. wont know till I get my clutch back on, stupid woodruff key.

Anyhow, when you go to a high flow air filter like the plowmans kits give, should you leave the prefilter in or take it out? The instructions didn't really mention it. It seems to be running fine with it in, but still curious which is correct.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:09 AM   #15
Dadsbaby
Getting Wild

Yamaha

So xobon.. Did you finally get your woodruff key and all in, I know I had a heck of a time with mine..I had the orange spring..wow! I'm hoping when I get my clutch back from Plowmans it will climb anything it can stay 4 wheels down. Did you ever figure out your jet sizes, I'm thinking about rejetting and I do think you take the foam out of the breather.
Dadsbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:59 AM   #16
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Usually a foam prefilter is not restrictive at all, but not seen one of those in a while.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:44 PM   #17
Dadsbaby
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I was looking at my air box, looks very restrictive, not the foam part.
Dadsbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:02 PM   #18
xobon
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Hey guys, yeah I finally did get the woodruff key, had to order one from golf cart king.

Everything worked out wonderfully, haven't had a chance to get it out and really test it out good, but the small running around I have don't in it has been massively improved from before I got the kit.

I tried both with and without the prefilter, and the cart seemed to run a bit better without it when it was colder out, haven't tried putting it back in now that's its warm.

So far I, like many others around here, am very pleased with my plowmans setup. I have used my cart a few times to pull my boat around the house, and worked great for that. It seems like I have a lot of low end torque now. pretty sure I have the orange spring.

This whole thread reminds me I need to post some pics now that shes almost finished.

Tags
anyone using this?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha