lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-12-2013, 04:40 AM   #1
hobbiehorse
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default All but 1 in. of the dipstick goes back in.

Have a 98 Yamaha golf cart and I was checking the oil and when I tried to return the dipstick it would not seat down all the way. I had never had the problem before. Have owned the cart for about one year. A friend suggested turning the dipstick a quarter turn when putting it in but that didn't work either. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!!!
hobbiehorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-12-2013, 12:40 PM   #2
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: All but 1 in. of the dipstick goes back in.

Just a thought, you can try turning the crankshaft some by hand, then try to reinstall your dipstick. I realize that the crankshaft should not hit the dipstick while running, but I've had other engines that the dipstick would catch on the crankshaft while reinstalling it. Once it is all the way down in the tube, it is moved away from the crankshaft!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:54 PM   #3
hobbiehorse
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks for the reply, will try that. Oh, and this is an 89 G2AD.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:47 PM   #4
hobbiehorse
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Tried that but it did not work. Even bent the dipstick a bit since it already had a bend in it and that didn't work. May end up taking it somewhere I guess. Tried my neighbors dipstick since he has a yamaha also and it worked, but it is shorter. His is a newer model.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:19 PM   #5
hobbiehorse
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Smile Re: All but 1 in. of the dipstick goes back in.

Well found the problem. Someone at the campground has a yamaha just like ours so we compared the two dipsticks. We found that the rubber bushing around the top of ours had loosened and pushed upward giving the appearance of the dipstick not going in all the way. A little glue and that is that. Thanks very much for the help!!!!!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha