lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-13-2013, 04:40 PM   #1
aja636
Not Yet Wild

Default G16 issues

1996 yamaha g16a. Got a Plowmans hot set up and his clutching. First off I think the exhaust has a baffle loose and is making a rattle when gas is let off. Sounds like a diesel jake brake. Going to cut open and see inside re weld if needed. Or will go back to stock.

Does any one have a stock muffler they want to sell?

Also cart is very slow off the line. Governor is bypassed and cart used to do 32mph on stock tires. Now she only goes 26 and takes off real slow.
New belt didnt do any thing but what I did notice is the secondary clutch, the moveable sheeve isn't touching the ramps. There is a 1/4-1/2" gap. The spring is not a torsional spring. Just a compression style so there is no pressure to hold the ramps together. Should there be a torsional spring?

Any one have some advice???

Thanks
AJ
aja636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-13-2013, 05:02 PM   #2
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G16 issues

Try cleaning the secondary and check for wobble in case the bushing
is worn. Did your kit include a spacer for behind the secondary?
I bet the belt is not coming out to the edge and that is your slow take off.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:07 PM   #3
aja636
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G16 issues

Oh yeah the other thing is I can't get the outside sheeve off. Ripped the threads out using the Plowmans puller. Any tricks for that. Hahaha.

I was looking, I bet the spacer isn't in there. That's why the helix isn't touching
aja636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha