lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-25-2014, 11:42 AM   #11
robertakamagoo
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Stock 2007 Drive or Stock 1998 G16 - For Build Platform

How hard is it to take the secondary clutch off.
robertakamagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-25-2014, 01:51 PM   #12
dbmachine
Gone Wild

The secondary just slides right off the splined shaft. Just a 12mm wrench or socket. The primary needs a puller though. Send yhe secondary to plowmans and he will get the surfaces back right and add new spring for better performnace.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:28 PM   #13
SandbaggerYDRA
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjwillx View Post
Thanks for the replies and do you have any pictures of what the bad clutch looked like? I planned on taking measuring calipers to select one that had a wide belt as I hoped that would keep me from selecting a bad one. Will also check the brakes as was suggested. Thanks again for your help and once I start to build it out I will show some pictures.
Here they are... My secondary was shot, as you can see, so I got a brand new one from Plowman's. And Don added a custom spring for better low end power
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3180.jpg (203.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 3181.jpg (198.4 KB, 0 views)
SandbaggerYDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:37 PM   #14
SandbaggerYDRA
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmachine View Post
My 09 was a course cart as well like sandbagger. The secondary clutch you will see a deep groove about mid way up the sheeves. Years and years with the governor set at a slow speed the golfers are gonna run the cart fast as possible and the grooves on the sheeves will show how high the belt moved over those years. Either way i would have plowmans do an upgrade on the clutches for peak performance.
The other thing is that if you allow the belt to wear too narrow, it no longer can travel to the top of either clutch pulley. This narrows the total range of ratio change, and more importantly, forces the belt to run in the same area of both clutches which results in eventual wear in one spot. It's no surprise that the place where my secondary wore through was also the spot where the belt ran 90% of the time.
SandbaggerYDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 05:06 PM   #15
robertakamagoo
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I pulled my clutch of today to send off to Don. It looks brand new I should just buy a new belt looks like it came with the golf cart. My camp has a lot of hills I'm keeping it stock the roads are mostly hot toped. I want to keep speed around 18 to 20 miles per hour. I luckly my cart never seen a golf corse. Should I buy one of his air filter too. I'm think Don will take care of me. I will put a note when I mail to him tell him what a do with it.
robertakamagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha