lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2020, 07:06 AM   #1
2cartJD
Not Yet Wild

Default Lithium Management Light On Dash

I have a EZ_GO TXT DCS with the RoyPOW 38V-105 installed and running great. I don't like the battery management light staying on 24-7 unless I raise the seat and power down the system. Is there a way to turn the battery management light on the dash off with the key switch? I know you can turn it off at the battery main switch, but what a pain. (can you tap into one of the four wires running to the gauge?).
2cartJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-21-2020, 08:38 AM   #2
Reddawg454
Grumpy Old Guy

Club Car

Default Re: Lithium Management Light On Dash

Welcome!
Reddawg454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 05:28 PM   #3
2cartJD
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the welcome Reddawg454. Has anyone out there with the RoyPow set up figured a way to turn the dash management light off with the key switch? It just bugs me seeing this thing lit up while in the shop...i don't like lifting the seat to power the battery down every time i stop.
Old 10-26-2020, 03:43 PM   #4
2cartJD
Not Yet Wild

Need help with this dash light...I'm not famillar at all with this lithium management, hoping someone out there could advise a way to tie the dash light into the key switch or maybe a separate toggle switch?
Old 11-04-2020, 07:40 PM   #5
2cartJD
Not Yet Wild

I know there some electronic engineers or "geeks"--- that can turn this dash light out with a simple wire tap without destroying this lithium pack. I'm not the one to attempt this on an expensive battery pack..! This is a really nice battery pack but the management light needs to shut off without powering the battery down every time you turn the key off!
Old 11-15-2020, 05:33 PM   #6
billybobRXV
Not Yet Wild

2cart, I have same issue with the battery gauge (installed 105ah RoyPow pack). In addition to always staying on, it is way to bright. My solution for now is black electrical tape cut to size and cover about 80% of the gauge. The brightness is way down and hardly noticeable now, and yet you can easily see gauge. In hindsight, I wish I had installed the gauge under the seat. I get great range on mine and you just kinda know when you'll need to charge anyway.
billybobRXV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 09:24 PM   #7
mrmajor03
Not Yet Wild

How do you like the 38v lithium pack? I'm in the process of rebuilding a 36 volt txt limo cart and I'm trying to decide if I can get away with a 36 volt pack or need to upgrade to a 48 volt. Speed isn't a concern, I live in a hilly neighborhood and the current 36 volt lead acid batteries will only make it up our main hill one time.
mrmajor03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 08:05 PM   #8
2cartJD
Not Yet Wild

I see a lot of folks are going lithium! I'm still looking for a solution to the dash management light on the dash, staying on when I turn off the cart. The electrical tape works but I prefer a wire tap where the key switch would control the light. I do like the lithium set up where the cart has good power and the range is excellent compared to the lead batteries. If anyone has figured the wire tap, I would appreciate some info...Thanks in advance...
Old 02-12-2021, 09:37 AM   #9
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

I don't see any reason that you couldn't run it thru your switch. All it is doing is reading voltage on your pack, like with FLA batteries. You can call Roypow and ask if you want to be 100% sure.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO