lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-12-2016, 11:00 AM   #11
jbenny509
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Sudden power loss / weak batteries

Back to Dlav's problem....could the batteries have just dropped below the voltage level for the charger to kick on?

Dlav, have you check your current voltage?
jbenny509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-12-2016, 11:08 AM   #12
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenny509 View Post
Back to Dlav's problem....could the batteries have just dropped below the voltage level for the charger to kick on?

Wow great point, I think it needs at least 43 volts or something to get it on if it's a 48v system
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 01:09 PM   #13
Dlav
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahaguy97 View Post
sorry but there seems to be some inconsistent info. How old are the batteries? because if they truly are not good they can't go from not doing well one day to great the next lol. Your centering kit would not be the issue, but likely so far it seems like a battery/charging issue. As for whoever told you to leave it on charge all the time, that's not needed. Just charge it every 3 or 4 weeks unless it's used everyday. When you plug your charger in, and the meter jumps to 15-20 amps put a voltage meter across the two main battery positive and negative and see what the voltage is. That being said, is your car a 36 or 48 volt system? i feel like it's 48v
I am not sure the battery age. The guy I bought from said 2 years old. There's no date written on them. Yes it's a 48v.
Dlav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 01:11 PM   #14
Dlav
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
Wow. DO keep your cart on charger anytime you are not using it.
Yes. But the charger seems like it just runs a standard charge cycle and then turns off. So like if I leave it on the charger for several days, it only turns on right when I plug it in and then once it charges its done. So I would have to unplug and replug it to make it charge again.
Old 12-12-2016, 01:40 PM   #15
Dlav
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenny509 View Post

I haven't checked the votage. The charger definitely turns on and charges for several hours when I plug it in. But once it finished it won't start charging again until I unplug and replug it in.
Old 12-12-2016, 02:01 PM   #16
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The OBC starts a new charging cycle every 15 days if You leave the charger plugged to the cart.

If Your cart is a Sepex model, leaving the charger plugged also reduces the amount of discharge since it shuts down parts of the cart electrical system.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 07:56 PM   #17
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The OBC starts a new charging cycle every 15 days if You leave the charger plugged to the cart.

If Your cart is a Sepex model, leaving the charger plugged also reduces the amount of discharge since it shuts down parts of the cart electrical system.
lol was just going to mention that it would turn on again after a period of time, beat me to it
Old 12-12-2016, 08:31 PM   #18
Dlav
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlav View Post
Yes I can push on level ground easily. I don't think its weather because I keep in my garage. Temp stays basically the same in there. Could my installing of the centering kit be the problem?

Also just for an update I cleaned all posts and cables and charged. Took the cart around the neighborhood and no problems? I wonder if my charger is not getting a good connection or something? Could it drain the battery?
After driving last night I put back on the charger. Today the power was much weaker than when I parked it last night. I did have a cable connector that was corroded badly. I changed it today and put back on charge, maybe that was the problem
Old 12-12-2016, 09:34 PM   #19
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
After driving last night I put back on the charger. Today the power was much weaker than when I parked it last night. I did have a cable connector that was corroded badly. I changed it today and put back on charge, maybe that was the problem
It's possible that single battery cable caused your issue but I can't say for sure
Old 12-12-2016, 10:17 PM   #20
Dlav
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Bought an 01 club car ds. When I bought home I had never had a golf cart and didn't charge it for several days the cart worked great never had problems. I did have a noise coming from rear but I put new oil in transaxle and installed a motor centering kit. I have had the cart about a month now and now the cart won't charge? I can't even get up the hill in my drive but it does ok once I get to flat ground. This didn't start until I heard to leave it on the charger all the time. I cleaned batteries today hoping that will help them charge better. What would cause this? I don't think the batteries are bad as this happened so quickly and actually ther are days when it seems fully charged. Any help would be appreciated.
Maybe a simpler way to say this would be, if your cart has perfectly good batteries and can ride for several days without needing a charge, then suddenly won't charge is it bad batteries or would that be a slower process. It just seems strange that it happened so quickly after I bought it?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car