lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-14-2016, 12:02 PM   #1
kvickna
Not Yet Wild

Question Club Car won't move

I have a 48v 2008 club car precedent. I put the toggle switch in "RUN", when I turn the key switch on, set the selector to Forward or reverse and the battery indicator shows full charged. when I press the accelerator, it won't move and the battery indicator light goes out. I checked the battery voltage from neg of battery #1 to pos of battery #6 and it shows 65 volts, but when I press the accelerator it goes to 10 volts. I replaced the solenoid and the DC Motor controller and it still does the same thing. Any suggestions on what I can check next?
kvickna is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-14-2016, 12:59 PM   #2
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Club Car won't move

I'd try testing each battery the same way as you tested the pack. I'm guessing you'll find one drops out under load.

tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 01:09 PM   #3
whit71
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvickna View Post
I have a 48v 2008 club car precedent. I put the toggle switch in "RUN", when I turn the key switch on, set the selector to Forward or reverse and the battery indicator shows full charged. when I press the accelerator, it won't move and the battery indicator light goes out. I checked the battery voltage from neg of battery #1 to pos of battery #6 and it shows 65 volts, but when I press the accelerator it goes to 10 volts. I replaced the solenoid and the DC Motor controller and it still does the same thing. Any suggestions on what I can check next?
you said you have 65 volts? is this while the charger is plugged in and running?
whit71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 01:47 PM   #4
kvickna
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by tag50 View Post
I'd try testing each battery the same way as you tested the pack. I'm guessing you'll find one drops out under load.

I just rechecked and total battery bank voltage was 43 volts. Each individual battery showed 7.7 volts except battery one, the first battery that the negative from the OBC is hooked to, it had 3'4 volts and when i pressed on the accelerator it went to -25 volts.
Old 12-14-2016, 01:48 PM   #5
kvickna
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by whit71 View Post
you said you have 65 volts? is this while the charger is plugged in and running?
Sorry typo, should have said 50 volts
Old 12-14-2016, 02:04 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You either have a short in the motor or some bad batteries. Try the same voltage test on each battery - write down the no load and under load (trying to go) reading for each one and post that info here.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car