lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-29-2016, 02:11 PM   #1
usagcr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2010 CC S/n PQ1021-099048

Had a customer bring in this club car 2010 PQ is what the serial number starts off as. He said cart would only run 8 to 10 feet and shut off he replace the speed sensor but Cart still only run 8 feet and shuts off. I tried some simple things like resetting on board computer did a speed sensor test it appears the controller is getting signal from the speed sensor. I opened the back access cover and found the four prong plug was not plugged into the controller thought that was the Ahaa moment but after plugging it in The cart still only run 8 feet and shuts off . It is a 48 volt cart and as of now we have 49.9 vdc press the accelerator pedal and it drops to 48.3 any suggestions as to where to start maybe the Emcor I don't know just asking thanks for any help.
usagcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-29-2016, 06:20 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: 2010 CC S/n PQ1021-099048

Does the solenoid click when you press the pedal? Sounds like classic solenoid failure symptoms.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 09:06 PM   #3
usagcr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yes I hear the solenoid click, but I'm not ruling it out yet because I have not tested or checked it. We did however read the ohms between pins 1 and 2 and 2 and 3 going to the controller from the mcor2. I don't remember exact readings now but I think it was good. Don't quote me but if it was gradual increase from 1k to 6.9k could that be to high? But it was a nice smooth increase and decrease. But alas as I am typing this, i've been on the phone with dad, and at the end of the day before we quit working on it, we tried to pull it in the shop And neither one of us recall hearing that solenoid click. so that will be the first thing we check in the morning thanks a lot Tahoe. I do remember seeing the solenoid and it looks like a fancy one, square and small and hard to get to. I did read A post this morning speaking about the precharge resistor and maybe that's all that is letting it run 8 or 10 feet. so will check it out. thanks again

Last edited by usagcr; 12-29-2016 at 09:09 PM.. Reason: Grammar
Old 12-29-2016, 09:50 PM   #4
usagcr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If anyone has a diagram for this 2010 I could add it to my growing collection.
Old 12-29-2016, 10:19 PM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagcr View Post
If anyone has a diagram for this 2010 I could add it to my growing collection.
Let me know what you find about the solenoid. Email me and I'll send you a copy of a diagram. info@revolutiongolfcars.com
Old 12-30-2016, 10:44 AM   #6
usagcr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Will do, thank you very much.
Old 01-01-2017, 08:57 PM   #7
usagcr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The solenoid checks good, However the controller only supplies a ground to the solenoid for a second or two then drops, causing solenoid to open thus the cart stops. We were going to send the controller in for repair, but we found more stuff to check from the dang internet. (Got to quit looking on internet). Dad thought maybe the obc might be doing a lockout causing the controller to shut solenoid off. So we found a very nice flow chart from FSIP on troubleshooting the obc. That flow chart led us to believe that the trouble was the speed sensor (customer just replaced speed sensor hoping to correct this exact issue) bottom line is light blue wire from obc to pin 5 on controller is supposed to have pack voltage (50.6 in our case) But we only have 40.9 volts. So in the morning we are going to bypass the light blue wire between obc and controller pin 5. And see if that corrects the problem. Thanks a million for the ipl TAHOE it was a necessity.
6 hours troubleshooting to get to this stage. If I am going to be doing this stuff I just might invest in a handheld reader.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:24 PM   #8
usagcr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

so we ended up putting in a jumper with a 10 amp inline fuse from pin 5 on the controller to the B+ getting our pack voltage to pin 5, bypassing the lockout feature of the OBC. still no luck solenoid engages then drops. we sent the controller in for repair and they called me this morning and said the controller bench tested fine no issues. Now what ????? We checked the speed sensor and after just a foot or two of pushing the cart gets real hard to push so I guess it is working. We tested the solenoid and it works like a champ. really confused now. I think I will order a mcor 4 and a speed sensor just to replace and see if it works. By the way we did all this testing before we sent the controller in. however right before we pulled the controller the solenoid did NOT engage most of the time when the go pedal was depressed, we attributed that to the controller not passing a ground, but now they say the controller is fine. UGGGHHH when we had the solenoid out and bench tested it the dang thing never failed so it is good. any suggestions other than trying a new mcor or speed sensor ?
Old 01-09-2017, 08:44 PM   #9
usagcr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Tahoe, I just ordered the mcor2 to mcor4 conversion kit. We will have one on the shelf if it doesn't fix the problem I guess.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:23 PM   #10
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

I'd replace the wire harness if the MCOR4 doesn't fix it. They're not too terribly expensive.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car