lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-09-2017, 01:54 PM   #1
Dacorbin01
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default RXV Speed/Torque Upgrade - Controller Options?

Golf cart gurus,

Recently invested in a late model (2013+) RXV - upgraded wheels/tires, but very close to stock size (maybe an inch or two bigger, unknown) - the cart seems slow as molasses (~20mph...guessing it's a freedom cart).

That said, I'm all about upgrading the controller (adding batteries and replacing motor if needed) to get this thing humming. Some interweb searching has led me to a couple Navitas controllers that seem like they may fit the bill - both being AC controllers with EBrake capabilities and OTF/Bluetooth programmer capabilities, in 450 and 600 Amp models. They also indicate support for a wide range of voltage (36-72) giving me some further options to dial it up there as well. Something about a 72V 600Amp RXV just gets me excited

Anybody know if these are plug/play for an RXV, or what else I need to upgrade or replace to suit? Otherwise, anybody else do any other enhancements to upgrade speed/torque? I tend to think I should replace the controller rather than invest in minor programming, etc with a dealer to get best results, what do the pros say?
Dacorbin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-09-2017, 04:33 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: RXV Speed/Torque Upgrade - Controller Options?

Try to avoid high speed gears, they reduce braking power, reduce hill climbing power, add a lot of heat to motor and Controller, and give the cart other funky quirks.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 07:13 PM   #3
Dacorbin01
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks CG, saw some alternate gearing options, and wondered how good an option that would be - the whole ebrake thing also concerns me with a aftermarket controller replacement, have you or anybody else had any experience with any of the aftermarket controllers for a RXV?
Old 09-10-2017, 08:08 PM   #4
cgtech

Yamaha

Nope, and it's because of the braking system design.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:34 PM   #5
Odo30
Not Yet Wild

Where have you found the navitas controllers? I'm looking to price one out
Odo30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 03:58 AM   #6
cgtech

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo30 View Post
That's what I was thinking.... Heard tall tales of them, but not seen or heard of a one of them in use yet. Anyone have it? Good? Bad? (Pic is an inside joke)
Attached Images
File Type: png Show-me-what-you-got.png (101.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-15-2017, 07:21 AM   #7
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo30 View Post
There is LIMITED availability of the programmer at this time because it is just out of Beta and being provided only to a select few dealers. The Cost is $1,000 to $1,200.

The Navitas A/C Controller will give your Cart 27 mph on stock wheels. It has am OTF and blue tooth programming (but you can turn up the speed using just the OTF). This elimnates all the codes and factory locks and gives the user FULL control of the controller.

As to not violate site rules, please first check with the site sponsors and see if one of them can get you one. IF no site sponsor has access to them, I will provide a source.

NOTE: Site sponsors, if you can't get these and would like to get them, I will be happy to share the source with you as well.

Also, Navitas has an A/C drive kit with motor and controller for the TXT.
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 05:57 PM   #8
badv10
Not Yet Wild

There are two different controllers they offer. One for the Curtis controller and the other for the Danaher controller. The only difference will be the programming in the Navitas controller. Also the Danaher replacement controller will come with a new bracket and resistor cable. I have installed both of these controllers already on both of our shop carts to help them with the beta testing and we are now set up to sell them if anyone is interested. We will be publishing some 1/8th mile times and 0-19mph times soon. Also some dyno numbers as well. With the much added torque, we will now add higher rear end gears to our cart. This new Navitas controller is 600 amps.
badv10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 01:28 PM   #9
Dacorbin01
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by badv10 View Post
... I have installed both of these controllers already on both of our shop carts to help them with the beta testing and we are now set up to sell them if anyone is interested.
BadV, Definitely interested - not able to PM yet (haven't met minimum post count, or whatever) - how can I contact you?
Old 10-09-2017, 03:23 PM   #10
sltintexas
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I talked Navitas and a dealer in Austin. He is currently testing on his curtis controller cart. Interested in hearing his results. One thing to add is that they will have a dial that you can adjust high speed down which i would love for when I let my kids drive.
sltintexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO